Kent Brockman
Years ago

What is wrong with wheels?

There was a mention at the end of the radio broadcast that there has been a fund raiser for Brett Wheeler as he is unwell, does any one know what is up with him?

Topic #18534 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The tiger radio guys said he had some sort of rare illness, don't know any details personally.

Reply #218403 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I get the feeling it's pretty serious.
Major props to the Melbourne guys looking to help out.

Reply #218419 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Wheeler has a Liver Disease I'm pretty sure I remember hearing middle of the year on hoops SA I'm pretty sure.

Reply #218423 | Report this post

Bradfan  
Years ago

Was at the game tonight. From what I gather Brett Wheeler has a liver disease and is likely to need a liver transplant. Apparently at the Tigers annual dinner dance the players all do some kind of skit, but this year Anstey, Barlow and McKinnon instead did a fund raiser for Wheeler. The result was a $20,000 cheque being presented to him at half time. Pretty good stuff from the Tigers guys and the basketball community in general. Wheeler didn't look great but was very appreciative of what the Tigers and the guys there are doing for him.

Reply #218428 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Terrible news. Great guy. All the best Wheels!

Reply #218551 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754