billo
Years ago

Bogut v Duncan (spoilers)

In the battle of former number 1 draft picks Bogut has shoved a sock in the mouths of his "bust" nay-sayers by compiling a very tidy game of 20 (at 69%),14 and 4 plus 3 blocks to lead his his Bucks to a 2 point win in San Antonio.

By contrast Duncan was held to 22 (at 35%), 6 and 3.

This proves conclusively that Duncan is a bust and Bogut is not.

Topic #18569 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

'This proves conclusively that Duncan is a bust and Bogut is not.'

You took it too far there. Duncan is not a bust. It was one damn game for crying out loud.
I agree that Bogut is not a bust. But come on! Duncan is not a freakin' bust. Probably 7-8 times out of 10 he would get the better of Bogut.

Reply #218809 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I don't think it is to be taken on face value. It's more to point out to all the Bogut knockers that the guy is more than just a role player in the NBA and definately not a draft pick bust.

Much like any team who beat the GOAT Melbourne team claiming the GOAT title, the reference to Duncan being a bust is to stick it up the Bogut knockers

Reply #218812 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Call of 2008 right there billo ;-) haha.

Bucks have really got SA's number though hey. And they were paying $4.00 for the win, wasn't game to touch it though.

Reply #218814 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

uhh Duncan on a decline...

Reply #218823 | Report this post

ELBUSTO BOGO  
Years ago

One game with a stat line of a number 1 pick. wow!

Reply #218829 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Bogut and Duncan didn't play on each other?

Reply #218830 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

haha SKUX - relax, take a deep breath, and.. laugh. I think billo was joking.

The greatest PF of all time is hardly a bust, is he? But good to see Bogut putting up solid numbers against the best there is. Big men invariably develop late in their 20s and if this is the case looking forward to Bogut continuing to get better and better, which he seems to do every year. He has been the rock on that team for 2-3 years now, I think the Bucks would be very very pleased with how he has represented himself and the organisation since they chose him.

Reply #218832 | Report this post

ELBUSTO BOGO  
Years ago

Bogut is a "Rock" for the Bucks. That explains their record over last few years. More like the "Pebble".

Reply #218836 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure Duncan would of match up on Bogut defensively.. The Bucks don't have a PF worth defending in the paint.

Reply #218837 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Ooops my bad Lockstock. Sorry Billo haha

Reply #218865 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

Isaac, can we get all sarcasm highlighted in red so that Skux doesnt get upset again?

Reply #218921 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Only the other week came word of research suggesting that an inability to identify sarcasm could be an indication of dementia...

Reply #218922 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:33 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754