Ben Fitz
Years ago

Worst possible results tonight for 36ers

Perth get the Dragons and the Spirit look to have knocked off the Breakers by 1 point.

Perth move ahead of the tigers now with the extra win.

If my calculations are correct this means the sixers are now out of the top six as the Spirt take our spot.

The game against the Blaze may well be a very pivitol loss and puts even more pressure to go 2-0 this week on the team.

Topic #18584 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide still in 6 due to %

Reply #219050 | Report this post

lukn4atitle  
Years ago

That will be a long flight back to New Zealand tomorrow the spirit much weaker these days

Reply #219052 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

0-3 without Bruton - really shows his value to the Breakers.

Reply #219053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go the catters!!!

Reply #219054 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Last Sat it looked like Dragons & NZ, then possibly the 36ers. (The way they beat the Tigers)
Now look what's happened, (after a loss to the bottom team) and all the other results, we are struggling for 6th, and Hawks aren't easybeats.

Reply #219060 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The first half of the season clearly separated the best teams from the worst. It looks like in the 2nd half that all the underdogs have picked up their game and fighting their way to the top. There have been so many upsets that it is starting to feel like the bottom ranked teams are the best teams. Like someone said in a previous thread that if the season started right now, Gold Coast would not be at the bottom. If the season started right now, the whole ladder would look much different. The 36ers are in a very risky situation right now in that they only just scrape 6th position and all the teams below them are proving to be a lot tougher than first expected.

Reply #219062 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Townsville currently leads Gold Coast by 11 with a few seconds left in the first quarter. A win by the Crocs wouldn't be ideal for Adelaide either.

Reply #219071 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Crocs move further away from us. We gotta battle for 6th now.

Reply #219076 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Crocs schedule from here has four games at home, three away. Could probably get 3-4 of them?

Blaze (h)
Breakers (a)
36ers (h)
Hawks (a)
Taipans (h)
Dragons (h)
Tigers (a)

36ers have five at home, four on the road. A few 'softer' targets in there that they must beat to lock in their spot.

Hawks (h)
Taipans (h)
Taipans (a)
Crocs (a)
Blaze (h)
Wildcats (h)
Dragons (a)
Breakers (h)
Hawks (a)

Reply #219077 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

We might need to look over our shoulder at the Spirit too, we're only in the 6 on %. I'm sure the rest of the league would love nothing better than to have us tipped out by everyone's second team.

Off Topic: Anyone else having a problem getting to the 36ers site from the "Team" link on the NBL site? All other team links are working fine for me.
I get:

Address Not Found

www.36ers.com.au could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

Reply #219095 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, I believe it has been managed in-house and think they let the registration lapse. Perhaps haven't managed to track down who registered it yet (it's registered directly to Mal himself, but not sure what contact email they used). I think the registration must've occurred when Mal first bought the team and staff might've changed since then?

Reply #219098 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

I'm looking over my shoulder at the hawks also, with the results, lately.

Reply #219100 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:21 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754