Quist
Years ago

Ballarat Junior Tournament, what's it like?

Came across a reference to this tournament, which happens on the June long weekend. Did a bit of research, looked at their web page and came away puzzled. I know a lot of junior district teams head to various tournaments in Vic that weekend and I was just curious as to why I hadn't heard of this one before? Is it good, bad or OK? Seems to be a fair sized tournament, especially as there is so much else happening for junior basketball that weekend. Or is it just that none of the SA clubs send teams? Just seems strange to have been around junior district basketball for the last 5 years and I hadn't heard anything about this particular tournament. Maybe there are others out there too that I havn't heard of!

Topic #18587 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

It's a good tourney, but nowhere near as good as Nunawading. It is also a lot colder in Ballarat at that time of year.

Reply #219087 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

I have only been to 1 Ballarat tournament and it was just OK, although as it is smaller it does have have a good atmosphere.

Most of the good Melbourne rep teams that are not playing in the classic play at Nunawading, although you do get a few decent teams playing at Ballarat. But as the Nunawading event is closer to Dandenong & Melbourne (where the classics are held), you get a lot more interstate teams playing at Nunawading, including from Tasssie, NSW, QLD and of course SA.

LC was right for one - Ballarat is freezing at that time of the year. When I last went, the courts were frozen over when we arrived for an 8am game! All the games were then delayed by about 1-hour for the rest of the day.

If you want to guarantee tough opposition regardless of your level, then Nunawading should be your pick.

Reply #219107 | Report this post

Great  
Years ago

Its a great torney. Its held in Ballarat and its for Juniors.

Hope this helps.

Reply #219123 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

the tounry is good, but you will never get the best possible teams there as the national junior classic and the south penn tounrys are on at the same time but still good tounry

Reply #219210 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

Southern Peninsula Tourney is on in November! I think you mean the Nunawading Tourney as mentioned in earlier posts? :0

Reply #219217 | Report this post

Quist  
Years ago

Thanks for the answers people!I knew someone here would know!

Reply #219339 | Report this post

Years ago

i thought u20s went as nunawading is a bit flat in that group

Reply #219372 | Report this post

random  
Years ago

hey im from the caroline chisholm chargers, can we switch to the junior tournament instead of the senior is it to late. is there an under 20's competition because we want to play rep teams. Can someone please reply would be much appreciated

Reply #227497 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

You'd be best to contact the Ballarat Basketball Association.

Reply #227498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754