Isaac
Years ago

Isiah Victor wins Round 16 POTW

Perth Wildcats import forward Isiah Victor has taken out the National Basketball League's (NBL) Player of the Week honours for Round 16 after guiding his team to an upset victory of early season pace-setters, the South Dragons.

Victor was a key factor in the Wildcats surprise 99-90 win on the road against the Dragons, scoring 25 points and adding 12 rebounds, one steal and one block. The 206cm American also shot the ball at an efficient 56 percent from the field (9-of-16).
Runner-up was Julius Hodge for 29/4/4 in a loss to the Blaze, and next came Rosell Ellis who averaged 18 and 10 in a 2-0 round taking on the Dragons and Blaze.

And then the epic list of honourable mentions:
Others in contention for the award included Ian Crosswhite (Cairns), Kirk Penney (New Zealand), Justin Bowen (Gold Coast), James Harvey (Gold Coast), Corey Williams (Townsville), Kavossy Franklin (Wollongong), Cameron Tragardh (Wollonong), Luke Whitehead (Gold Coast), Jacob Holmes (Adelaide), Matthew Knight (Sydney), Rick Rickert (New Zealand), Martin Cattalini (Cairns), Darnell Hinson (Perth), Shawn Redhage (Perth), Dusty Rychart (Wollongong), Glen Saville (Wollonong) and Darnell Mee (Cairns).
Could've gone for Ellis in second spot with two big wins even though the stats aren't outrageous. Crocs have been doing OK considering Rillie hasn't had his usual output and they lost Pepper at the start of the season.

Topic #18597 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Am I right in thinking that Hodge has either been the winner or the runner up in every week he has played this season?

Reply #219226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stats against the Sixers:

Justin Bowen
35 pts (68%), 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, 8 steals

Luke Whitehead
23 pts (50%), 17 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal

Don't know how they went in their loss to Townsville (couldn't find a box score) but thought one of these guys would win it (Bowen with 8 steals is massive).

Reply #219242 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bowen had 16 and 6, and Whitehead had 14 and 11, but 8 turnovers. I reckon I would've gone Victor (beat the top side), Ellis (2-0 record), then Bowen (1-1).

Reply #219256 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ninnis said that Holmes was our best in the blaze game,and Ballinger was best in the league, in December

I would argue that it was Julius Hodge.
He's had a pretty good six weeks, here.
( 2 wins and 4 runner ups)

Reply #219341 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Someone please tell me this isn't a dribble. Then again, perhaps it's just a crab dribble. Apparently they're OK now.

Reply #219362 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:13 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754