skull
Years ago

Jacob Holmes' shooting action?

what the hell has happened to holmes's shooting action??
he has gone from one of the future great shooters to very ordinary,very quickly.
any wonder the way he is now shooting,elbow way out of whack and looks like he has lowered his jump,is he carrying an injury which has forced him to change??

Topic #18624 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

He has always had a sh1t jump shot

Reply #219761 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

Gone from one of the future great shooters, hahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply #219762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed haha, laughable comment!

Reply #219808 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

You guys must be young or having a fading memory. When Jacob was a junior he could score from anywhere. There was nothing wrong with his jump shot at National events.
He certainly has turned several shades of terrible though and would be one of the worst starters in the league.

Reply #219828 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Could always fill it up as junior but with a flawed technique which leads to massive swings in consistency and accuracy .

Fair to say he has been both a good and below average shooter at various times in his NBL career .
Be interested to see if he still works hard on this in practice or maybe other things in life are of equal importance to basketball now , which is fair enough .

Reply #219836 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

he certainly had some great potential at both ends of the court,to me he looks like he is thinking to much about it or maybe not enough!!

Reply #220017 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I think his technique looks better than it did in his early years with the Sixers - he gets a lot more arch on it now and he's at a career-high in 3pt% (42).

I can't comment on his junior days but I remember him having a very ugly jumper in his first few years in the NBL.

Reply #220190 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Sorry XztatiK, but I'm with you on this one (correction, BOTH ones).

There's an echo here.

Am I going to get my second mod request blessing, & jubilantly wear egg on my face (there won't be an echo after the edit)? Or will they hold true & prove my point? : )

Stick around ??? (query?)

Reply #220402 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Got it. Eat 3gg DD.

Don't forget the "Grrr!" link on every comment - it's a direct way of pointing me towards a post that needs to be looked at.

Reply #220408 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754