PG
Years ago

Farley???

I know Farley wasn't that interested in being here last time but what do people think if came back to replace Hodge? It would certainly keep the crowds rolling in and I think he would fit well with this team not really having to score the most points etc.
It would be a good story and certainly keep basketball in Adelaide in the news!

Topic #18633 | Report this topic

Jc  
Years ago

no... just no

Reply #220010 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

yeah nah

Reply #220011 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Vote 1: No.

I believe we need a role player to compliment an already talented team. Ie an import that can fit an established rotation and system - not a one man show type deal.

We need to pick someone to fill the gaps mentioned elsewhere in this forum - our perimeter defence / rotation falls to pieces regularly for one.

Hustle and some fire would be nice too.

Reply #220012 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

^^^

Kinda reminds me of an import who played for us a little while ago... ;)

Reply #220014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

darnell mee!!

Reply #220018 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

farley in his late 30's now and was on his way out when we last had him

Reply #220021 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Farley is not that old yet, he can play and if you look into it he was treated poorly by a certain owner of the club who is still there. No way will he want to he is earning more elsewhere. Would not fit now we have lots of guards it needs to be a swingman Grizzard is good Dave Thomas would have been pretty good.

Reply #220051 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

We need a decent ball handler who can either create his own shot or is a good driver, drive and dish man.

The bigs are covered, the point is covered. So it's 2 or 3 or combo/swingman that we need.

Reply #220060 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Isnt Chris Farley dead now anyway?

Reply #220080 | Report this post

Toma  
Years ago

I hear Master P is available.

Reply #220084 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Unless Farley is in Australia, its much too late for that. Even if there was an agreement all round that he would join the team, he has to travel to Australia, get over jet lag and re aquaint himself with the team, somewhat changed since he last played. No time for all that.

Reply #220099 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

Willy farley will turn 34 in august, so yeh i guess not that old, but still nah lets get a youngen

Reply #220165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

farley could come here and be not much behind hodge in skill if he wanted to.
he was treated like shit, just like hodge was.
just to think,,,these guys got me to EVERY HOME game for the sixers....this is the pull they have.
farley was the best for fun and just blowing games open WHEN he was on song...he would pull some Magic.

Hodge was the best import the league had seen, just all round greatness in or league standards... we had him and as usual he was treated un professionally...and i cant blame him for doing what he did.

Reply #233706 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:41 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754