DrDave
Years ago

The moment you suspected Hodge was a Tool

For me It was the way he carried on during the singing of the Australian National Anthem. I cant remember exactly what he would do. I think he used to place his hand on his heart, and carry on. I used to think you tool your not even Austalian.

Also last season when there was speculation that Smyth may get the axe. He had only played a couple of games, and said if the coach goes im leaving.

Topic #18640 | Report this topic

Duke  
Years ago

He has always been a tool, but a likable one, like an old spanner that gets the job done.

Reply #220152 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

when he skipped the game

Reply #220153 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Humpa you must be heartbroken. I guess you won't be taking that bullet for him then

Reply #220160 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I read this article before we signed him for the second time and it's fair to say I did raise an eyebrow or two. However, I was more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt, and as long as he was doing his thing on court I hoped his past would remain just that.

A couple of interesting quotes from the article, the first in response to the "club" he was at pre-shooting

Hodge does admit he should have used better discretion. After all, the "club" he visited was a strip club notorious for racially charged fights, and it was his second stop at a strip club that night.

and this one relating to another incident
But that was the last time Hodge found himself the subject of controversy. He had been under investigation for attempting to sexually assault a woman in October 2005. The Denver District Attorney's Office did not file charges, saying there wasn't enough evidence to prove the case.

Reply #220163 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The drinking the poison video was a bit OTT.

Reply #220176 | Report this post

Agent 15  
Years ago

I can name plenty of times I thought he was a tool, when your in a close game and you spend more time waving your arms up and down to the crowd instead of paying attention to the game shows that your a tool.

Reply #220180 | Report this post

Toma  
Years ago

How many ex-nba players aren't tools? Seriously.

Reply #220184 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The first interview he had upstairs after a game when he first arrived here. I thought this guy has got tickets on himself and he is not a team player but a one man band. I could quite easily see how his attitude would get the rest of the team offside. Could not understand one bit why Ninnis and the other coaches were saying that since his arrival he has lifted the other players both on and off the court. It did not fit with what my impression of him was. It was especially insulting to Maher as he is the master of the game and this team and then Hodge comes in with an attitude that he is here to teach this team something they don't know.

Reply #220202 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I gave him the benefit of doubt re history and the arm waving but the 1st time he didnt do a lot of the warm up it was very clear what I already thought .Definetely not a team person.
I remember EC ,myself and a couple others getting chastised by Isaac and many other posters when we raised his commitment level. From press conference Scotty and particular Brett it was even worse than thought basically from day 1
Here I am I am the show.

Reply #220220 | Report this post

When during a time out in the 4th quarter of a close game this season, he had a 'lacky' ask the stats people why his (Julius' that is) scores were going onto another player's numbers on the 'cube'.

First thoughts were, shouldn't you be more worried about: -

a) listening to the Coach in the time out;
b) making sure you have had a drink, and won't get 'cramp' in the last 2 minutes; and FINALLLY
c) make sure you win the damn game!

Reply #220250 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

When DDfan backed him.

Reply #220253 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

and DD, its just having fun "joking" and not saying "eat s**t".

Reply #220254 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

When I first read about him on.......HOOPSSA

Reply #220261 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

??? let it go.

Toma,

How many ex-nba players aren't tools? Seriously.
Haven't heard many negative things said of Darnell Mee. Had Kevin Brooks call me a few times about various things and he was always very polite but still funny and not at all tool-ish (his 'cheesedick' posts on this forum were always good-natured ribbing with others), and Charles Thomas was polite and never tool-ish either.

Reply #220287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About half way through his 8 games LAST season, but like 'bretts the man' was told off by Isaac and numerous others when I stated he was not a team player.

But I now reckon he's not worth the threads, so we should all move on and start new ones about how great Rod Grizzard is going to be.

I'M EXCITED NOW!

Reply #220288 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Isaac why should I let it go? I will do it but I want to ask.

Reply #220293 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Barely on topic, baiting, and isn't going to encourage DD to be less of what you rail against him for.

Reply #220321 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Sigh,

when i watched the warm up in Perth, and JH didnt join in at all.

But i iwll stand up and admit i defended him in the previous season and even through the perth game..coz the guy is talented and knows how to play the crowd.

Reply #220401 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

well all i can say is julius is not the messiah hes just a very naughty boy

Reply #220456 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754