billo
Years ago

The real cost of the Hodge debacle

With all the damage Hodge has done to his reputation through his antics it's easy to forget the toll this has taken on the Adelaide, nay, the global economy. I've personally cost the british taxpayer many hundreds of pounds these last few days by completely neglecting the job I'm paid to do in favour of reading every skeric of Hodge related banter on this board and elsewhere throughout the World Wide Web, and I suspect I'm not alone.

How many others out there have got no work done while this saga unfolds? Let's assume there's 50 other tragics who've wasted 2 days on this, average wage say $50k, assuming 230 working days a year this equates to $217 per working day lost. Total cost to the global economy $21,739.

Julius Hodge, hang your head in shame.

Topic #18641 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah your probably right. I spent most of the day with it.

Reply #220149 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

Good thing im on holidays cause we dont have computers to use while we build cars at holdens...LOL
Ive spent at least 8-10 hours 2day on the net trying to get further insite

Reply #220162 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Yeah, my KPI's are looking pretty shaky Billo!

Reply #220213 | Report this post

Well i'm on holidays, so i've saved taxpayers $328.76, while incurring personal internet costs of $3.94!

Thanks heaps Julius - I should take it out of your pay...!

Reply #220217 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Imagine poor old Isaac, he probably hasn't slept for days!
Living off red bulls?

Reply #220243 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Isaac is laughing - all those hits on his web site to impress the sponsors and advertisers.

Laughing all the way to the banlk.

Reply #220246 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

hoops sa overloaded at 2pm for about half an hour

Reply #220251 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'm being paid by a private defence contractor to surf every Hodge related blog, news site, sound bite or look-a-like link on the web apparently.

The defence of Australia can wait - it's the Sixer's defence that my hourly rate is currently contributing to.

Reply #220296 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jack, one of my clients, curious about a lack of reply to an email, wondered yesterday if I was off hiding in whatever spot Hodge had found.

Sector7G, mostly flat-fee (text ads or Dunk) or per click rather than per impression. And regulars (which would be the main increase in traffic) click ads at about 10% the rate of outsiders. No one's getting rich off this site, unfortunately.

Today's traffic is 50% up over the same date last year.

Reply #220319 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

yeah flicking between adelaide now & hoops for the goss...all between work!

also experienced a hoops sa site overload too!

Reply #220343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Experienced, or helped cause? ;)

Reply #220345 | Report this post

....u2  
Years ago

The real cost is the truth wont come out again,
and this state and country is TOO SMALL for all these sports for any true sports person to gain a living in his/her sporting background. I do hope Hodge gets a game in the US.

Reply #220493 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Is there a chance Kent will do a vid scoop with Isaac on why hoopsSA crashed yesterday?
I've got a few questions I'd like answered:
1 .. Why was Isaac uncontactable during that outage?
2 .. Was his mobile turned off?
3 .. Did Phil put him up to it?
4 .. Will Isaac blow the kick-back from the hoopsSA traffic on a new server, or detailing the Ferrari?

Reply #220597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:16 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754