Joe M
Years ago

Issue a press release showing the bank transaction

If Mal and the Sixer are telling the truth that they paid JH on the 19th of Dec (4 days after the 15th) they should call his bluff.

The Sixer should issue a press release to the SA media and basketball media showing the bank tranactions were issed on the 19th of Dec and it was held up overseas. if it was done electronically, blank out the important details and show the date it was issed.

they would ahve printed all paperwork for the ATO.

Unless they are trying to jsut cover their own arse and make him look bad.

Topic #18649 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

I'm in two minds over that one.

Firstly, should the Sixers have to justify themselves to that degree? Surely it's healthier for the franchise to drop all this drama, move on and focus on the finals campaign and the signing of Griz.

On the flip side, I'd love to have concrete ammo to point to and say "You're lying".

Personally, I'd be amazed if Mal fabricated his entire story and had Scotty and Brett back him - especially having learnt more about Hodge's creative writing ability.

Reply #220302 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Then we would no doubt have cap issues

Reply #220303 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

they don't need to do that, because if there is some fault in terms of paying JH money, then JH himself will surely speak up for himself I believe

Reply #220305 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

JoeM they dont need to make him look bad he has done it himself with his actions and his bullshit.
Listen to what Brett and Scotty said the guy was not committed and full of it from day 1.
It was all about self promotion. How much more evidence do you want. Keep watching this site I am sure the alternative reason for Hodge playing this fiasco out will come out soon.
If he had to be paid on time as he desperately needs the money as stated by him . Would you leave a job for not being paid on time to no job. Get Real Julius.
If you want to feel sorry for any plyrs feel for the Spirit and Taipans plyrs who dont even know if they are going to get paid. Taipans are training at night so plyrs can get some work during the day.
This guy has degraded our club our league and insulted our support and intelligence.
Now the club has got on the front foot and going to get us a immediate replacement . Thanks Mal. Rack off for good Julius. Go rip someone else off

Reply #220308 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

jh is gone,so everyone move on.
i would be more concerned about the 36ers coaching teams theory on TEAM defence.
with or without jh,the the total break down defensively the other night was frightening!!
until they fix it forget it!!

Reply #220313 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

The best thing the club can do is walk away from it as they have done.
From the Sixers point of view its done and dusted, they've moved on and their focus should be primarily on playing ball on court and bringing Grizzard in.

Whats done is done and the club should and I imagine will let it be.

Reply #220314 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I agree DJ. I'm just annoyed with the huge Hodge backlash when both parties were equally at fault.

Time to move forward!

Reply #220316 | Report this post

Suap21  
Years ago

Thats just crazy, Payroll is a private matter between two parties. A press statement is more than enough.

Reply #220317 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I agree lets move on but hell King James to say both parties at faultis wrong Whilst we dont know total facts if any fault on sixers part is only minor and late payments occur all the time in sport in business etc.
There is no excuses for Hodges actions or behaviour .

How would you like to been one of his team mates

Reply #220322 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #220324 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Isaac, I don't know why you brought up the other important topic of protecting our celery crops from the harmful rays of the Sun, but you need to stick to the current story.

Talk about the Salary Cap or something.

Reply #220328 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Clever - but no ball for you ;-)

Reply #220329 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Didn't want a ball, just wanted to provide a laugh.

Reply #220338 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sorry Marty, was posting that in response to the ball hog Isaac :-) must have been as you were posting yours.
Still funny reply mate.

Reply #220344 | Report this post

TEN  
Years ago

GET A LIFE!!

This is the Sixers fault not Hodge's...He liked the Sixers and Adelaide and got messed around by them..

Brett can kiss it, he is only mad that Julius came in and took all his shine, jealousy is a curse!

If you really knew what was going on, you would also know that the other players are not getting paid in FULL either!!

You need to look at Management..

Reply #220379 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

We can't filter Tiger's fans soley by ISP, can we?

Reply #220382 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I think coaches comment of 'full of you know what' is suspect. Afterall, wasn't he the hero coach for getting Hodge here in the first place? He should have managed him better.

Reply #220385 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

lets just move on

Reply #220391 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TEN - the players are being paid fine. No idea who you're talking to in believing that they're not!

Dana, pressure from the owner to have his crowd-bringing player on court may have forced Scott's hand a little there.

Reply #220393 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Tail wagging the dog then Isaac?

Reply #220398 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

After hearing Brett Maher's comments on the radio last night, about Ulius Melvin Hodge being high maintenance, i just cannot believe anyone in this town would be taking Melvin's side.

Its clearly gone beyong anything to do with pay. His refusal to obey a simple team rule of simply notifying anyone when he cannot train is unbelievable.

Reply #220404 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Dana still in love. Hope you are very young

Reply #220412 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

There is such a thing as privacy law in this country, what a ridiculous suggestion! Get on with it, Hodge is gone and by the sound of it, a relief to the team.

Reply #220414 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Shabby treatment yet again...

Reply #220422 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

If coach is being 'led' by owner, what does that say about how much confidence owner has in coach???

Reply #220426 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

That's a pretty big leap to make. There's no way anyone but Mal and Scotty know the circumstances behind Julius' re-appointment. Besides, Scotty had never coached him before.

Reply #220430 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

only following on from Isaacs comment as follows:

'Dana, pressure from the owner to have his crowd-bringing player on court may have forced Scott's hand a little there.'

Reply #220431 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Yeah, I know. It's a definite possibility. And to be fair, that's basketball - Mal needs bums in seats. But I'd debate the franchise administration advising the coach is a case of 'tail wagging the dog'. It's a balance with every team.

Reply #220435 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If coach is being 'led' by owner, what does that say about how much confidence owner has in coach???
Not about Phil vs Scott, Dana. Nothing to do with that but all about drawing a crowd, and maybe not magnifying the late payment embarrassment?

Reply #220436 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Nothing to do with Phil Isaac.

Reply #220447 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fair enough. Do you get my point though about it being relevant to the business side (crowds, expectations of paying customers) rather than Mal's opinion of Scott as a coach? Incidentally, Mal covered his opinion of Scott's coaching in the press conference.

Reply #220452 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Dana, all Isaac is saying is that Mal is the man forking out the money, and therefore he wants to have a significant say in the make-up of the team.

Bringing in a Julius Hodge for an owner was (at that time anyway) a no-brainer for the extra bums in seats at every home game and all the Hodge-associated merchandise which would have been sold.

I think you will find that virtually every Owner in sports is geared the same way and it really has nothing to do with how good Scottie is or isn't as a coach. The NFL is a great example of where the Owner often has a bigger say on the make-up of the team than the coach, eg. see the Dallas Cowboys.

Reply #220477 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

At an average ticket price of say $16.50 and approximately 3 home games per month the 36ers need to sell 808 more tickets to cover Julius wage, assuming of course that they were "only" paying him $40k per month. If he's being paid more than this which is definately possible then the financial benefit to adding him to the lineup is less convincing. - At 50k per month they need to sell 1010 more tickets, at $60k 1212 more tickets.

Also what exactly did his wage consist of ?
Was it simply a cash lump sum ?
Was accomodation, vehicle, phone e.t.c. included in the "40k" or on top of ?

They've certainly been getting more people through the doors of late, but I'd love to know how many of those people are full paying punters as opposed to freebies ?

Seems a big price to pay for a win percentage that is still hovering around 50%, I wonder how this will effect getting imports into the lineup in the future.
The team may go back to the safe option of letting another NBL team first "break in" an import.

Mal tells everyone who will listen that he is losing a million dollars a season, so I'm guessing we're either blowing the cap by a pretty hefty margin or all the other teams are taking a much bigger hit.

Reply #220595 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754