Loco
Years ago

Sale of the Sixers / Dome

(Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere already).

Hoops Peoples,

Is anyone aware of the current state of play re: the sale of the Sixer's licence and/or the Dome?

A while ago, I'd heard from many and varied sources that the owner of Chem Mart (Chris someone?) had expressed interest in acquiring the Sixers franchise. Likewise, I'd heard that Venuetix had shown an interest in acquiring the Dome (which makes sense to me).

Is anyone able to lend credence to or dispel the above?

I'd assumed that once Eddie Groves' well publicized financial issues hit, the Sixers would be looking for an alternate backer.

I suppose it also makes sense that such discussions are postponed until season 08/09 is in the books, or that current global financial conditions had stalled such acquisitions.

I suppose the state of the league / next year's revamp would also factor.

Anyone?

Cheers.

Topic #18650 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah. Boti , about 2 weeks ago , that Venuetix for the dome and Chris Fuss for the sixers , for next season. ( But, you'd have to know what the newNBL is first... teams, number of games , costs and all that, before you could make any formal plans)

Reply #220333 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

have no idea, you wanna buy it at the moment? i thought i heard that the venue was just being worked through. Even if the 36ers owner thing has gone down you wont announce it at the moment thats for sure.

Reply #220334 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'd assume it'd be pending the release of the 09/10 season stipulations next Fri anyway (3 owners - $1M bond etc etc).

Reply #220337 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Loco:

"A while ago, I'd heard from many and varied sources that the owner of Chem Mart (Chris someone?) had expressed interest in acquiring the Sixers franchise."

You fell for that? Pill Smith is to blame for all of this.

Reply #220355 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

* punches fist into open palm, Robin style *

Holy double-crossing Harry Potter characters, DDFan - that damn dubious departed demon has done it again!

Reply #220359 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Enjoy the ride Loco.

Keep puff'n it, old school style. ; )

Reply #220450 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Rollin' with Ken Cole in a cubicle near you.

Reply #220578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754