Cat 57
Years ago

Are the 36ers real championship contenders???

Are the Adelaide 36ers real nbl championship contenders or just protenders???

Topic #18656 | Report this topic

Humpa  
Years ago

unfortunately, with Hodge gone, i say close to zero chance that we win the championship this season.

i think we'll make the playoffs, but we'll get knocked right out.

Reply #220434 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Personally, I'd say we're contenders. The guys played some of their best team ball Wed (ironically, probably because of the Hodge situation).

Defence needs improving and an extra scoring option wouldn't help...i.e Griz.

Davidson and Winitana have been injured more or less the majority of this year, and will provide more and more options in regards to the above as they play more minutes.

Hill has started coming into his own, and Bruce has visibly matured.

Maher is still Maher - finals are about experience, and no one has more.

And we're still the tallest team in the league with one of the most imposing front court line ups in the comp - the Twin Ranga Towers are getting better and better.

Let's see how the next few weeks pan out.

Reply #220442 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^^^ Apologies - "...scoring option would help."

Reply #220443 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

With Grizzard - IMO we're well in the South-NZB range.

Without Grizzard - We're in the Melbourne-Perth range.

Reply #220444 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Not a fan?

Reply #220446 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

With Grizzard we are a good chance to make semi's IMO what happens there is a totally different ball game.

Without Grizzard I can't help but feel we are making up the numbers in the top 6 and are a very good chance to drop the one off elimination game away from home, saying that we still have to make sure we make the top 6 and without Grizz it wont be entirely that easy, the pieces are there just got to get them working together.

Reply #220448 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Early days since we're yet to see how he'd go with the team, but with Grizzard, we have to be a reasonable shot. Better than Townsville IMO. On par with Perth, though they are a bit flakey at times and only have Hinson really at the point now. Tigers are a bit of an unknown until we see a game with Kendall and DT.

Reply #220467 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

the best defensive teams always win championships!!
defense = 20 percent knowledge 80 percent effort = no excuse's

Reply #220565 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Hopefully we don't see this face from Scotty any more times this season.

Reply #220589 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

"the best defensive teams always win championships!!"

Doesn't really explain how Adelaide won it's last 3 with coach No-Defense-Phil at the helm.

Adelaide should be a really good chance if a few more teams in the top 6 go broke in the next 2 months.

Reply #220606 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

phil won those when the whole league wasnt playing any D.as the league has evolved it has gotten smaller and more mobile in the 5 spot and better defensively right across the board

"Adelaide should be a really good chance if a few more teams in the top 6 go broke in the next 2 months"
*inspiring stuff shirley*

Reply #220613 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754