Kent Brockman
Years ago

Is the points cap working?

Currently the NBL ladder is the tightest it has been in my memory.

If you factor in Spirit and Cairns not playing with their full intended squad it could be even tighter.

Do people think that this is as a result of the point cap making sure that the talent is mixed up through out the league?

Topic #18683 | Report this topic

Drb  
Years ago

Kent come up you have got to be joking, the points cap is not working with the star studded squads like the tigers. the only thing that will work is if the league polices the salary cap.

Reply #220942 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

The only positive of the points cap is that it is quite a bit more transparent and difficult to cheat than the salary cap.

Reply #220945 | Report this post

manshipkirk  
Years ago

i believe its the fact that there are less teams and so the majority of teams are able to stack their benches . also the fact that there were quite afew players that have come in in the last couple of seasons from the US college systems.

Reply #220948 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Drb - How is that "star studded" team going?

Reply #220960 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

What's the deal with the points cap for next season under the new league?
I've heard from Derwin about the salary cap going to $3mil, but nothing in the review about the points cap staying/ going/ being made into something more user-friendly.
Has anyone heard?

Reply #220980 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The points cap would work perfectly if every player was rated correctly. Its like having a salary cap of $800K across the NBL but each team in different currency.

Reply #220982 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:15 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754