Suga
Years ago

Hodge to play for Adelaide next season?

Saturday night I was at the Dragons/Breakers game & as crazy as it sounds, I was told to not rule out Julius Hodge playing for Adelaide next season.

Now I of course don't think this will happen, I will put him in a Tigers or Wildcats jersey in 09/10.

Thoughts?

Topic #18690 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

You're kidding aren't you?

Reply #220995 | Report this post

Suga  
Years ago

I'm not kidding at all...

I couldn't believe it when I was told.

Reply #220997 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

By whom?

Reply #221000 | Report this post

Suga  
Years ago

I won't give a name... But they cover the NBL & you would be led to believe this person may know what they're talking about.

If my memory serves me correct, they said something like,

"It's the NBL and everyone wants Hodge."

Reply #221003 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

So someone, somewhere with something to do with the NBL said anything could happen.

Reply #221004 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hodge will not be back at Adelaide.

I guess there may be a slight chance he ends up at another NBL club though...but then again, why would you want to hire soemone that may not even turn up not notify of an intended absence from a game????

Reply #221005 | Report this post

Suga  
Years ago

I asked Goorjian post game if he would ever want Hodge.

his reply...

"I'm happy with my imports, i've got right now." But he had a grin, I wouldn't rule South out next season for Hodge.

I forgot to put them into it the maybe teams earlier.

Reply #221007 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

With the word that the guy is full of it going around and is, in fact, NOT interested in putting in hard work (contrary to his own self promoting video clips).......He would not be welcome in any Goorj team, I wouldn't think.

Now whether the Tigers do their old "We'll buy whatever we can, especially if he's proven he can play and we don't care about team chemsitry" thing...I can't say.

Best thing the Dragons could do in the off-season is make it public that they WANT Hodge so that the Tigers have to pay plenty to screw up their club.

Reply #221009 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

cos he can produce. I think if he want to continue to pay in aus someone they will line up to get him, well teams that can afford him.

Reply #221012 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

oh man sorry about the typo's in my above post should read "wants" and "play"

Reply #221013 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

People won't pay big money for someone that creates problems within the rest of the team.

He would have to take a cut and prove his worth again, IMHO.

Yes, he produces the numbers, but at what cost?

Reply #221014 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

i'd welcome Hodge back with a new attitude and manager.

Reply #221016 | Report this post

Suga  
Years ago

Look at Ben Cousins... Dramas...

Hodge... Dramas...

But if U can play, someone will always pay U.

Reply #221018 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Lets see how Grizzard goes firstly for us then we will look at next year. Hodge would definately need a new manager, a bit more maturity and to apologise, we get the biggest crowds in the league and best supporters. Personally i say NO WAY to him back get someone who can shoot the ball.

Reply #221027 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Suga, less linkbaiting please. Hodge isn't coming back to Adelaide.

Reply #221032 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Love your work Suga.
I admire anyone that has a say & puts their name to it. You go so far as to vid your face to it, unlike our vid frontmen that won't even show their hand.
BTW, were the Tigs really interested in Newls last season, or was that just to make Phil look bad for signing him?
One question at a time, but were the Tigs really interested in signing Jules at the start of the season? Or did you guys know he'd miss out on the NBA & that the 36ers'd be dumb enough to spend up big, turn a blind eye to him not practicing, or fulfilling his off-court duties?
Andrew Gaze said that Jules wouldn't be a Tiger & these guys here don't believe him, what are your thoughts on that?

Reply #221059 | Report this post

Ben fitz  
Years ago

ddfan you want to have a go at me then why don't you do it man to man instead of having a shot using an alias on a forum iam not hard to find

Reply #221063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suga and DDFan we are getting a bit sick of your baiting - it's pretty immature and not achieving anything.

DDFan especially - if you hate the club so much (considering you have nothing nice to say), move your so-called support elsewhere.

Hodge won't be back in Adelaide under the new owners or Scotty - no-one is that stupid!

But considering how the Tigers are run and Vlahov being involved in the Wildcats, he'd probably suit their clubs.

Reply #221069 | Report this post

Suga  
Years ago

Cheers for you kind words...

Were the Tigs really interested in Newls last season, or was that just to make Phil look bad for signing him?

Melbourne thought they had Newley. They were shocked when he chose the Sixers.

Were the Tigs really interested in signing Jules at the start of the season?

I spoke to this with a player from the Tigers before the season. Everyone in Victoria thought Hodge was coming to Melbourne. Everyone is South Australia thought Hodge was going to Adelaide. Melbourne threw everything they could at Hodge and were going to only play with one import until he became available, but when Ebi Ere became available, they took Ere and gave up on Hodge.

Andrew Gaze said that Jules wouldn't be a Tiger & these guys here don't believe him, what are your thoughts on that?

Hodge will play for Melbourne if they can get him. (Not until next season at the earliest.)

South are going to chase him to.

Reply #221071 | Report this post

Suga  
Years ago

Fitzy, I love ya work...

Any chance on a Julius follow up?

Reply #221072 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Nope!

Reply #221077 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

"Look at Ben Cousins... Dramas...

Hodge... Dramas...

But if U can play, someone will always pay U."

So Hodge has a drug problem?? That actually explains A LOT!!

Reply #221079 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

DDFan,

Get over yourself, do you think sucking up to Suga is going to get you anymore credibility on this site? You lost that a long time ago my friend.

Why is it such a problem for BenFitz to not show his face on the camera? Maybe he has a face for radio? However he still puts his REAL name to the video's and has never once tried to hide the fact it is him making the vids.

Reply #221082 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Thanks Suga for answering my questions, much appreciated. Not that it help the small-minded masses here.
Next question, will Andrew be shipped off, before Jules gets signed next season. We wouldn't want Drewey look'n bad. ; )
Ben my man, you know where I am each game & I've always had an open invitation to chat about anything, with anyone. If you're serious, but it's slipped where I am, I'm sure Isaac or skip will be able to point me out.

Reply #221083 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

I am not the one sledging you. You are the one sledging me, you are welcome to apologise any time.

My name has been attached to everything i have done and yet you find time to have a snide comment aimed at me.

I have told you before in an email i will have no problem going legal on you. If you would like that to happen please persist with your comments.

Reply #221095 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Small-minded masses? Since when is it news that the Tigers were actually after Newley and then Hodge? It was openly proclaimed in the media and known in all circles. The Tigers were talking up their "NBA links" to Newley and might have spruiked the same to Hodge.

DD, by all means involve Suga in the forum, but I just don't see the need to belittle others constantly on the side.

Reply #221099 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

My last post is gone. I asked what is DD basketball background.

Reply #221104 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's irrelevant and you were unnecessarily escalating things.

Reply #221106 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Sorry but why do you think that? I just want to know his background. I read his comments everyday and would like to know what he knows. Not trying to make things worse but please put a "mod delete" and I will always accept that.

Reply #221110 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

I'll go out on a limb right now and say that Hodge will never ever play for the Dragons, let alone the 6ers again.

I mean, come on, the guy had problems with how hard Scottie pushed him when compared to Phil's coaching style, and then you suggest that he'd want to play for Goorj? Have you ever seen a Goorjian run training session mate? Hodge wouldn't last 5 mins.

Reply #221112 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I can't believe how much ruckus this thread has created and slanging in between!
Isaac, I know we're not supposed to write who cares comments, but seriously, is a topic about Hodge (especially ANOTHER one) really necessary?
If and when he ever shows interest in playing here and a club shows interest in signing him, how about we deal with it then?
I suspect that by next season, he'll be all but forgotten with so many other players to chase and the league changing.
Let it go guys- it's not worth fighting over Hodge.

Reply #221114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDFan - Do you think you have the credibility of Fitz & others or are you just jealous?

Be careful what you say about others because you could easily be charged with Defamation of Character. (Oh and bad humor doesn't pass in court.)

Reply #221118 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

??? - post with an email address and you will get a warning/explanation if content is removed. If I'm busy or in a rush, a straight delete is quicker than adding a mod note - sorry.

Reply #221134 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Sheesh, are you guys touchy or what?
I happen to like putting a face to the name & I don't see where anything I've said is libellous or personally damaging.
While you're here, do a rewind & see where you'd stand legally, if Mr Hemmerling scrolled through what's been said here over the last few days.

Reply #221138 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think you would find DDFan that BenFitz has never said anything bad against Mal, you however.....

Reply #221141 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Kids!

Reply #221145 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

I have a feeling that Suga may be full of it.

Reply #221149 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Bizzy, I think you'll find that I have not bad-mouthed Mr Hemmerling, I've said all along that both parties are at fault to some degree.
What I dislike, is that management (I'm not even saying Mr Hemmerling directed it) have had things tidied up here, but Jules hasn't had that opportunity.
I shook Mr Hemmerling's hand a couple of weeks ago & told him that I really appreciate what he's done. That hasn't changed, & YOU WILL NOT find ANY abuse directed towards him, from me, anywhere.
Don't believe me? Be my guest, dig hard & deep & quote it right here in this thread. There's no time limit & you can summon as many helpers as you like.
I'll be waiting.

Reply #221161 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Hodge would never fit a Goorjian system. He's a great individual player but not one that will play in a solid structure.....Goorjian's reins are tighter than any coach in the league. Our imports play reduced minutes quite often and are rarely expected to star. Could you see Julius fitting into that?

I'm not saying that it's a good or bad thing, but I just can't see how Hodge would fit Goorjians methods. A team that requires one good player to get them some wins, however, yes, he'd be the guy.

That said, I think you'll find that Hodge's name is poison in NBL circles, at least for the time being. It would take a fair bit for anyone to sign him in this league ever again.

Reply #221186 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Isaac
DDfan talks as if he is an "insider" with the sixers. I have asked for his background. No names, nothing. I want to know why I should listen to his comments and insults. Not worth a warning. It was (is) harmless and he will not answer.

Reply #221205 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

To be honest, as much as I don't believe anyone should pick him up, the prospect of Hodge suiting for another NBL team and coming back to the Dome has me smiling.

Imagine Grizz is still here next season and lights him up for 30 odd - crowd would lose their colelctive minds!

We should scrap the all-star game next year and have The Sixers vs. History's Greatest Villans. Back court of Hodge and Heal, front court of Anstey, Abney and now Cat... we'd need a chain link fence between the court and the stands!

Reply #221206 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

I have to agree, seeing Hodge with another team playing at the Dome is a pretty good script.

Reply #221216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's just a fan. Was a volunteer for the club during trainings last season (doing laundry, etc) and was asked not to return after a falling out with the Ops Manager (partly?) over his posts on this site. He can't stand this site and most of its contributors, yet posts here more than anyone else.

Reply #221218 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

So he is pretty important then Isaac lol

Reply #221246 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Thanks for taking the time to answer ??? "today", when I'd already done so last night. ; )

BTW, I've been heavily involved in building a bridge with the club by staying away as requested, but discovered a major structural flaw when I "asked", if I could do as DJRod asked, in promoting the game by showing a banner. I've kept a lid on it, even though a respected poster & doer on game night (spoken to him twice, & that's face to face), knows about the situation. It will would've remained hushed, but you push the "DD's a bad guy", at your own peril.

I don't wan't apologies, I won't sue (the internet's all about fun), but if anyone's conscience bothers them if/when they find out the facts, I'd appreciate it if you could find it in your hearts to donate to a worthy cause.

Reply #221247 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

That's harsh.

DDFan knows more than all of the rest of us combined, Isaac.

Reply #221250 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BTW, I've been heavily involved in building a bridge with the club by staying away as requested, but discovered a major structural flaw when I "asked", if I could do as DJRod asked, in promoting the game by showing a banner. I've kept a lid on it, even though a respected poster & doer on game night (spoken to him twice, & that's face to face), knows about the situation. It will would've remained hushed, but you push the "DD's a bad guy", at your own peril.
What's the relevance of this? At one's own peril? Is that a threat to tell us the story about you not being allowed to sticky tape pages to the back wall behind your seat?

Was the structural flaw with the wall itself, or some sort of staffing issue?!

Reply #221262 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I think there might be an internal flaw there.

Reply #221274 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

His elevator doesn't go all the way to the top flaw.

Reply #221302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but his ego does.

Reply #221398 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Sorry! Now that I know DDfan background, I will leave it alone (in a minute).
My god an expert from the wash room. Good way to make the big time.

Reply #221473 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Careful!...thats a load bearing poster

Reply #221578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754