Danger Mouse
Years ago

Antics for Sixers Games

Have read a couple posts recently of suggested (or previously done) antics to get some extra atmosphere and spice into the Sixers home games. I love seeing oddball things from the crowd, really adds to the night.

Couple mentioned recently:

* Suggested for last Schutzenfest weekend, some Lederhosen-clad boys at the end of the court, to get up and do a german slap dance everytime a foul on Schenscher gets ignored by the refs

* Back in Apollo days, someone holding up and spinning a round target behind the basket for foul shots to hypnotise the shooter.

Personally, I've thought on a couple occasions of wearing some 3 blind mice costumes for me and a couple mates and doing some antics whenever the refs do a bonehead call/non-call....Witty banners are also good for a laugh, but not seen much these days.

Any other ideas on crowd participation to get the atmosphere going, or old ones they'd like to see re-instated? Of course in this day and age, I'm sure a few would get banned, but there would be plenty of options.

Topic #18692 | Report this topic

Coady  
Years ago

Oh yeh the 3 blind mice would be a pearler, when you do it call the club see if they can get you court side, and have announcers make it known to the crowd that you are!!!

Reply #221020 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Years of alcohol abuse may have left my memory a little hazy, but did the Sixers dancers once have a life sized cut-out of Pamela Anderson banned from courtside during free-throws?

Reply #221021 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

Yep the Pam Anderson cut-out definitely rings a bell.

Had Cairns had another game at the Dome this season, could have got someone with a giant fake ginger ponytail down on the baseline to taunt Cat with it.

Another less G-Rated and less realistic option would be someone holding a banner 'Hey Cat Tug on This!' with arrow pointing southward.

Reply #221029 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I always enjoyed the Townsville Croc savaging the opposing team's mascot / symbol - especially when he went well overboard.

Didn't he hang something in a noose once?

Reply #221033 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

What I really enjoy is a great game, couple of good dunks, steal and a Brett Maher transition three - those really get me going at games.

Reply #221038 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

I also love hotdogs bluey (excluding Dome hotdogs of course), but adding some tomato sauce really does add to the flavour.

Reply #221044 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I liked what the Indiana Pacers used to do (don't know if they still do) where they would have a guy dressed up in a Grim Reaper outfit stand behind the opponent's bench for the whole game. That would have freaked out some guys if they were superstitious.

Reply #221046 | Report this post

bada bing  
Years ago

Bring back the Clipsal Clappers they were excellent.
Or how about an import that fires up the crowd and dominates the league?

Reply #221076 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

For Sale in the Souvenir shop for $19.99 a Ginger Hair Wig?
I like the 3 Blind Mice,'DangerMouse'.... stand up for the Quaint calls.Arms and Walking canes go flinging about?
What about "Pin the Catt on the Donkey" Banner?
Big "3" Numbers available for the kids to show when a SWISH goes in.
Also how about the Chearleaders hand out Binoculars?
Lastly and malicously Monthly contracts you can rip up ,for a short time only ,not available in Melbourne.

Reply #221120 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:43 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754