Coady
Years ago

Schench and balls next season

Just thinking, would schench and balls drop in point value next season?? Number 1 Balls no longer import so wouldnt be worth 10 and schench having a season up his sleeve no longer comming out of NBA??

or is anstey still a 10 thus so will schench??

Topic #18693 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

Depends if the 09/10 league revamp affects points allocation. I'd assume it would.

Until Friday (assuming it makes deadline) it's all specualtion though.

Reply #221031 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If the points system stayed roughly as is, Ballinger and Schenscher would still be rated 10, without question!

Reply #221040 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

Does Schench even have a contract for next year? Given his age & form & that he is now recovered from his injury I would be suprised if he doesn't go to Europe or try his luck in the NBA again. I think he likes playing here but compared to the $$$ on offer overseas I think he'd be off.

Reply #221049 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Coady,

you should also brace yourself for the possibility that Luke considers a return to the NBA. The last I heard, he is only on a one year contract, and does not have a contract for next season. And if I was improving week to week like he is at the moment, i would be considering the NBA as well.

The only way Adam will not be a 10, will be when/if he qualifies for the points loyalty discount that will be freed up for the 36ers when Brett retires at the end of this season.

Reply #221053 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

In that case if the point system is still around we will be screwed trying to fit 4 players at 10 points!! Lucky we got bruce cheap this season, But losing maher next season who was low points due to his being at the club so long, how the heck we gonna do it?? Oh well if MElbourne and goorjian teams can do it year after year, then i guess we will some rought the system

Reply #221056 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

There was an official from a club in Riga, Latvia, at the game last saturday with an expansive and full cheque book.

Reply #221068 | Report this post

Years ago

Schensch should be the top priority for the Sixers. Throw a bucket load of money at him NOW and re-sign him before the end of the season. Seven footers are a rarity in this league and he has proven his worth. In fact I'd hate to think where we'd be without him.

Reply #221078 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

1233 I'd expand on that and include Balls as a priority too.

Reply #221126 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Balls is already signed for next season.

Reply #221129 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

You can fill the void of Maher with Ng, as he will only be a 5 for playing with the one club.

Never officially played an NBL game with Singapore so can't see how that can rate him higher than that. Good shooter and can easily fill Maher's void in the team.

Reply #221181 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

Ng could easily fill Maher's void in the team?

I don't know about that, but it would be good to have him so long as it fits in with his doctoring

Reply #221197 | Report this post

nounsa  
Years ago

im sure we could forge something to fit Ng in... get it... forge... doctoring... it's way too hot today, im going to take a nap in the fridge.

Reply #221295 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754