Humpa
Years ago

5 points in a quarter...

WHAT THE HELL?

they were playing so good up until that point...

Topic #18763 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

another stupid topic

Reply #222042 | Report this post

hi  
Years ago

shut up kobe. its a good point. how can they only get 5 pnts in a qrter. bloody ridiculous!

SACK NINNIS!

GET RID OF HIM!

Reply #222046 | Report this post

hi  
Years ago

bring back Smyth

Reply #222047 | Report this post

Hood 85  
Years ago

Well hi you certainly wen tand made your opinion a complete void thing. Yeah that'd be the best thing to do, the team is IN THE TOP 6, seemingly invincible at home, the coach has just won the 6, but yeah you're right sack the coach and bring back one of the more selfish individuals in basketball. Nice, you're a real thinker.

Reply #222051 | Report this post

Hood 85  
Years ago

Jeez youve reveed me up, Ninnis seemingly did coacha horrible game BUT he didnt miss all those shots in the 3rd quarter, guys like Jacob 'the next capatin' holmes did, in all those key minutes played.

Reply #222053 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Is this the lowest scoring quarter by any team in NBL history? I can remember a team years back scoring 7 ....but 5!!!

Reply #222054 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

Wooh now cmon boys lets all calm down a sec. I dunno if its a record but definately disapointing

Reply #222068 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Like I asked in another thread - has somebody stopped their pay?

Reply #222071 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Perhaps the coach still had his head in the clouds from winning NBL Coach of the month. How he did it was not evident in tonight's game. It almost makes his win embarrassing especially because he teamed it up with Hodge who is no longer on the team. Perhaps its Ninnis who is doing a runner for not being paid.

Reply #222079 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

If, instead of running plays, Aaron Bruce just lauched it from half way every time he brought the ball up court I reckon he'd get more than 2 in a quarter. That's the sort of coaching I'd implement in times of crisis, but I've always been a maverick.

Reply #222080 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

There is no way you can blame Scotty for an NBL teem scoring 5 in a quarter - that's just ridiculous. The worst back 5 in the NBL would be disgraced by that total.

The Sixers did what they always do - lost the unlosable game after staving off certain death. Utterly pathetic. They do this every time. Mental disipline is how teams go deep in the finals. We have none - and it kills me.

Reply #222082 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^^^ apologies. 'Twas Loco posting at home without being logged in.

In all seriousness, no couch in the league, trying as they might, could reduce a team of supposed proffesionals to 5 points in a term. That's a cop out. A mentally soft Sixers did what they always do and dropped the un-losable game.

Reply #222083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC you are obviously Voldemort or if not someone very close to him

Reply #222088 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Crap aside, I'm legitimately gutted and disgusted.

Reply #222090 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

'hi', you're an idiot.

billo, I like it. Something slightly less crazy would have been jacking up threes all quarter with Maher, Davidson, Bruce, Grizzard and Balls on the floor. Surely that would've been worth 15 at least.

5pts is a joke, but I agree with Loco, the only way a coach can do that is if he instructs them to play soccer for a qtr (in which case, 5 would be considered a scoring blitz :P).

Reply #222097 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

An interesting observation re Voldy! EC does appear to think Scott could do a lot better. Could EC be short for "Exceptional Coach"?

What does EC stand for? Maybe something simple like Edward Collings, or is it some clever code to trick us? Perhaps 1+1 = 3

Reply #222112 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

There is no mystery behind EC. Its merely my initials. While it is not conclusive as to who I really am, it is not as anonymous as anonymous. The initials do genuinely belong to me as confirmed by my birth certificate. So that rules out being Phil Smyth. As for being a good friend, I have never spoken more that 5 words to him. I am not Eric Cook either as some might believe due to the recruitment of Rychart to the Hawks.

Reply #222125 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Hood, you need to go easy on Jacob mate, i wonder if you know how much shit he's had to go thru this season? Yes, he's never gonna lead the league in FG%, but he is 2nd on the team in 3P%, at a very respectable 43%, which is substantially better than Brett, Bruce, Davo, etc. Only Balls hits 3s at a better clip.

But also worth considering is how much Jake has been stuffed around with the import changes this year, given that most of the imports we've had play the same position as him. Furthermore, I know for a fact that he's been receiving mixed signals from Scottie about his role on the team. Some weeks he's told not to shoot and simply to get rebounds and play lock-down defence, then the next week Scottie criticizes him for not taking enough shots. I promise you that is the truth, and I think the problem is that even Scottie doesn't know what Jake's true role is on this team.

Reply #222130 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Hey Hood you are way out of line with your comment on Smyth being selfish.Best do your research and find out what he gave up to keep the team afloat when the take over by the government occurred.You will certainly view things differently.Ask Ninnis how he supported him when people wanted to get rid of him as second assistant there is a massive list of things he did.He just never talked about it unlike some who want everyone to know.You may not like him as a coach that is fine but you are way wrong on the selfish comment ask around the people that know and you will be embarrassed you made that comment.

Reply #222137 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Hood just read where you were defending a 5 point quarter you clearly have blinkers on.Don't worry I can see now you have no clue so will dish anything you post.

Reply #222141 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Bullshit Joker . A lot of people know a lot of things about previous coach. No longer cheap shots required at him But ple----ase dont say he sacrificed or gave all to club . He gave us premierships in early days. But Scotty has the team to do well it is up to him

Reply #222143 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, but to call him flat-out selfish isn't that fair. One example I remember is him making sure Nash was looked after despite an injury that would have automatically killed his contract. What did he stand to gain personally from protecting a guy from Tasmania who was realistically a year off retirement anyway?

To the Anon that jumped on EC, how was her comment at all related to Smyth?

Reply #222166 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Posted my thoughts on that five point quarter in the game thread, here.

Reply #222174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:07 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754