Kent Brockman
Years ago

Julius Hands Back the $

http://linky.com.au/renbn

Topic #18769 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There's a bit of egg around the place....

Reply #222116 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

At least we will be able to pay Grizz now

Reply #222120 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

lets see if those people blatently calling the sixers liars and thought the sun shone out of hodges arse will now have the decency to recind there claims

Reply #222122 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Funny how Julius was so adamant that he hadn't received any advanced pay, isn't it. Good riddance to that douche, lets hope he never returns to this great country of ours.

Reply #222127 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

This fairly well confirms the clubs side of ths story or why else would he pay it back.
Also if you look at it logically the whole saga, why would the 36ers sack the most talented player in the league if he was doing everything asked of him and acting in a fully innoncent and professional manner?
The answer is they wouldnt, you would keep him around for as long as you could! so i think we have to give the club the benefit of the doubt in this one.
Wll glad its over and Hodge paid them back, sorry to see him go as he was my favourite player to watch in the entire leage and pretty much all time, and was probably the most talented import we have had, if he stuck around long term like davis or won a title like brooks and mee he would easily been remembered as one of if not the best import to play here.
Good luck with the rest of your career Hodge, and welcome Grizzard and go 36ers!!

Reply #222131 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Still they were clearly late twice with his payments so he didn't trust them that can't been forgotten.I say he kept the money till he got his ticket and his release then gave the extra money back.It certainly wasn't a one way street.Looks like bad communication by both parties

Reply #222132 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yes they were late, some of it is Hodges fault with account numbers i believe, but the club rectified it and showed him a gesture of goodwill to pay him in advance for the rest of the season so that it would not happen again, so why could he not trust them, he was not owed anymore money??
so atleast the 36ers can say they did their best to sort it out and make sure he was paid, where unfortunatly hodge decided to not show which is a slap in the face to his team mates and the club, if he still didnt trust them why not atleast call them and say 'im not coming the club hasnt paid me', that way atleast he is showing some respect to his team mates, and they can sort it through, but to not show when the club clearly had paid him is bad. Im a Huge fan of Hodge but yea when i heard that he didnt show up i was like we cant keep him.

Reply #222135 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Agree on the no show without telling the players or coach he was done.Yet i wonder how many times he was told his pay would be there the next day and it wasn't.After being told a few times everyday it will be there tomorrow and told the same thing the next day and so on and it's not. I think most of us wouldn't trust them any more.

Reply #222139 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

I personally don't agree with how Julius & his agent handled the whole situation & agree that the 36ers tried hard to rectify the situation.

One thing that just sticks out for me is why was the club late with the payment in the first place as what been reported. Has any one in the media asked this question? The club has come out & said it made the payment on the 19/12 & acknowledged it was late but gave no indication why it was made 4 days late - only advised what they did to rectify the situation.

Did they forget on the 15/12 to action the payment? Was the payroll officer sick? Was the 15/12 payment date different to what was on his contract? Was the money not available?

There are other issues to this than the above with his poor attitude etc & I think the 36ers made the right call in the end but............

Reply #222142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodge can't play in the NBL for any club now (probably just this sesaon) because of a clause in him being released.

Reply #222144 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Everybody is at fault-
the sixers for paying late when they already had his bank details, Hodge for lying about getting advance payment and his agent for having the cheek for asking out of his contract as soon as he got advance pay- if he was smart he would've just said, Hodge wants out and just pay him what he's owed- then it would've been case closed.
Everyone in this has proved to be a dumbarse in some form.

Reply #222149 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i just can't believe that he did not have an NBA out clause in his contract, how dumb is that. He said he would be on a plane in a flash but legally he would have been held to us. I'm just glad that its all over now. Shame the boys lost the other night though.

Reply #222151 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Potsie copped it for having Tyndale on a no-cut contract but he or whoever else was involved who got Hodge with a no-NBA-out did well.

Reply #222163 | Report this post

Show me the money  
Years ago

Aaron, The 36ers have a long history of rubber cheques and being late with paying both staff and suppliers, to the point where BASA used to struggle to get credit with anyone... even couriers wanted money up front.

I would have thought things would change with private ownership, but obviously not.

Reply #222182 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

"Did they forget on the 15/12 to action the payment? Was the payroll officer sick? Was the 15/12 payment date different to what was on his contract? Was the money not available? "

Possibly the Payroll officer was "drinking the poison" ?!

Reply #222430 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

as i recall julius said he had recieved the january payment which was the advanced payment, but was yet to recieve the december payment. he said when the december payment arrives in his bank account he will return the january payment to the club. seeing he has done this i feel he kept his side of the agreement. so why are you people on his back?

Reply #222454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because hes been talking crap the whole time and only the suckers are still buying it.

Reply #222455 | Report this post

Sam I am  
Years ago

Thanks for the show Julius, now theres the door; don't let it hit you on the ass on the way out now you hear!

Reply #222524 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754