Spinner
Years ago

Is Ballinger OK?

This is not an anti Ballinger thread - far from it. I think he has been one of the most consistent players and he would have to have one of the sweetest jump shots going around. I hope he stays a Sixer for the remainder of his NBL days. (how long is he signed for?)

I wondered if somebody closer to the team might be able to respond as to whether he is Ok or not? By that I mean he appears to be a very serious, "let's get down to business" type of guy, but during warm ups and even during the game, sometimes his body language and facial expressions (or lack thereof!) don't seem to be that of somebody as good as he is.

Remember I am asking this as somebody who only sees him play every home game, but doesn't know him  I am not knocking the guy!!

Topic #18771 | Report this topic

Hood 85  
Years ago

I wouldnt have been reading into any of the guys body language during warmups. As for Balls, he does seem a bit down of late, probably nothing I wouldve bothered starting a thread over BUT now that it has been started I do remember saying at the last home game that he looked a little sick, almost pale. But I assumed his first half lastnight put that to rest. Hit me today, it took the 6ers to make the worst kind of record...a 27 year record of 5 points in a quarter for the taipans to beat us. Thats how bad the Snakes are! Guess the 'hoop gods' as Andrew Gaze always refers to were watching over that shithouse team. From what i hear, the refs were letting alot of physical defense allowed down in the post. Ok now ive gone off topic sorry!

Reply #222154 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The refs have been RS all year around the key.

Hence, the need for Luke's lederhosen. Does Balls need a par of Lederhosen too?

Reply #222161 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Those Taipans knocked off Perth in Perth. We clearly had their measure at the Dome, but they aren't awful and seem to have learnt a few tactics to try from that game.

Reply #222165 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

"he looked a little sick, almost pale"...He's a blood nut, if he was any more pale he'd be clear!!!

Reply #222179 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac, that's a bloody pathetic excuse.

Reply #222184 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just responding to "Thats how bad the Snakes are!"

They're not abysmal. They didn't need the Cats to have a 5 point quarter to beat them in Perth.

Reply #222191 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Adam is awesome, nothing wrong with Ballinger.

Reply #222240 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Has a back issue that he has had issues with for 2 years, sometimes gets shots for it even at half time. Just flares up sometimes and needs to work through it.

Reply #222458 | Report this post

intheknow  
Years ago

Spinner,
Im pretty close to the team and can tell you for a fact, Balls is a cool, calm, and collected import, who never looses his head or never makes a fuss and is never rattled. Facial expressions mean nothing, he gets the job done quietly. As for the comment from 'Kman' this information is fulse and missleading. Balls has never had a shot in his back at half timeand his back has been great this season. They love Adeliade and very happy there.

Reply #222463 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:39 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754