manos
Years ago

lightning, a top hat and a rabbit

well talk about pulling a rabbit from the hat with that win last night.

we looked spent for the first 2/3 of the game.

lazarus stuff!

a key win as only the top 2 will get the double chance - we must keep clear of Bulleen as they have the split.

Any of the top 4 can win it this year - whoever wants it the most will win.

Adelaide still way too slow in transition and matching up - couple of times the townsville girls dribbled all the way down and a lay up with no contest - no one went help defence to the ball.

our offence is still not fluent enough for me - but it was worse at times last year - and we won.

Our match ups were a bit odd at times - and we still seem a scoring guard short - but Foley and Marino do a good job.

on a good note - the girls clearly lift when the fans get behind them - the crowd in the last quarter was great - surely carla should be networking to get the junior cheer squad up and running again for the finals.

the crowd on Friday seemed to be one of the largest for a while.

Townsville looked very good early and almost seemed to roll over or choke in the last. No deep bench - no cox and / or crouse - no townsville.

hang on for the ride.... it is going to be close this year.......

Topic #18774 | Report this topic

qwerty  
Years ago

Almost looked like no one wanted to win the game at times I thought.
Townsville certainly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Don't hold your breath for Carla to organise anything.

Reply #222329 | Report this post

keyboard  
Years ago

yes, must say it could be a roller coaster ride to the end.

Double chance is a must.
When was the last team to win it without getting to the double chance game???

Anyone???

Reply #222389 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

With Sam there is hope

Is she the best thing about the Lightning, or am I just spellbound?

Reply #222394 | Report this post

Pasadena 56  
Years ago

NO, just an ignorant parent who spends too much time looking at stats without any real understanding of the game

Reply #222402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about Monique Bowleys game not alot of what she did showed up on the stats sheet but her game was awesome. Tough defence and a lot of indefinable things she did got Adelaide back into the game.

Reply #222404 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You really are a tosser Pasadena 56 aren't you?

Reply #222405 | Report this post

Pasadena 56  
Years ago

"tear"

Reply #222419 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pasadena 56, one more troll and you're blocked. All you're doing is derailing threads.

Reply #222423 | Report this post

leopard  
Years ago

also spellbound by Sam. All heart and lotsa guts, never less than solid and often inspiring.

Reply #222425 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sam is an absolute champion player who leads through her actions

Reply #222428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Go away.)

Reply #222456 | Report this post

look out  
Years ago

Taking a look at the remainder of the schedual, I think that 2nd place will be Bulleens to lose.

Adelaide only have one game up on them, and they will play once more this season in a game that I think Bulleen will win. From there, Bulleen will have the split on the Lightening and overtake them in the ladder. Townsville's schedual is as tough as they get, having to play Adelaide Canberra and Bulleen in succession. Townsville will drop at least one of these games, leaving 2nd spot for Bulleen to walk into so long as they dont screw up!

Adelaide is probably looking at 3rd.

Reply #222477 | Report this post

dirty deeds  
Years ago

But Adelaide must lose by 6 pts in Townsville to come 4th.

'Look out'. I reckon bulleen will lose to the girls in Adelaide.

The team has a tough run home, but allowing for a loss either to canberra or townsville at home, we still should come 2nd. (given the above margin)

Lightning will win the rest of the games.

The keys are :

1. A plan to beat Canberra in Canberra.
only have to do it once out of two attempts.

2. Beating Townsville/or losing by less than 6

How good is a canberra v Adelaide final in adelaide

Lucas losing at home ohhh yeah.

Reply #222482 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Agreed with other posters here, Sam is a gun, and the glue for this team. Glad she did not retire last year, on this year's form she should hang around for another season..

Reply #222534 | Report this post

the clarifier  
Years ago

Why would Sam hang around for another season getting only 9 minutes/game?

Reply #222539 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Championship???

Reply #222546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Sam was fantastic on Friday, kept them in it early on. I cant understand why she sat on the pine for the entire last quarter.

Reply #222599 | Report this post

Dazza  
Years ago

Sam will probably have 8 teams calling her this off season, they would be stupid not too. The current coach seems like she is trying to blood some of the younger players whilst sitting Sam on the bench. I personally think she would be a great addition to any team so if Valk's is not careful she could end up leaving to play elsewhere!

Reply #222660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754