ANP
Years ago

Do Not Blame The Delayed Flight Ninnis!

Simple as that, and when you give up 40 at QUARTER TIME, how do you not throw Winitana in??????? I assumed he was injured until he got thrown in now. What he gets 2 TO's in 1min 41 lastnight and thats it? Yet Aaron bruce can throw it away all night and get a pat on the head, be consistant Scotty.

Topic #18775 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think he would blame the flight you f%#@ing idiot.

Reply #222398 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

I think he might.

Reply #222400 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Unfortunately, we are screwed.

Bring on 09/10

Reply #222412 | Report this post

ANP  
Years ago

Is that right anon? I wont go as far to say your a f%@cking idiot, although you very well maybe, but im sure Ninnis will bring it up as 1 reason.

Reply #222415 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti's game write-up had quotes from Ninnis and no mention of the flight.

Reply #222422 | Report this post

ANP  
Years ago

Well that's good to hear. Id be fuming if he/the team didnt cop that game for what it was, just lack of focus and poor defence. Lets face it coaches we have had in the past would be reaching for such excuses, atleast Ninnis may be calling it how it is a bit more perhaps.

Reply #222426 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

in fact he said that the flights had no influence on the game as tsv had to come back from NZ - so it was no impact!

caught up with him after the game... he is a legend. one of the nicest guys obviously going through a tough time of late, but he deserves to do well!

he is a great coach, so stop doubting him...

Reply #222434 | Report this post

ANP  
Years ago

Dj Rod, he may be the Pope himself, but that has nothing to do with his ability to take a decent team into the swamp and give up 75 points in 24minutes. Like I said im really happy he hasnt blamed the delayed flights and short turnaround as a factor. But as far as not doubting someone's ability in a role he is being paid to do, just becaus they are nice to talk to....well thats being silly. I wish the 6ers all the best, the next week or so of training will determine what they will be doing in the next month.

Reply #222437 | Report this post

DJRod  
Years ago

a coach can only do so much... it must be time for 6er fans to ask the players to be a little more consistent!

Beat the Tigers one night and lose to the Blaze the next. Keep Cairns to under 80 but only score 70 yourself then score over 100 but let the Crocs get 130+.

Reply #222461 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

ANP sucked in u jerk u were wrong!!!

Reply #222489 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

another great post by man of the moment, thanks adam!

Reply #222492 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Teams doing as well as they can with no proper direction

Reply #222496 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dana, what are you basing that on? If they were scoring 5-10 points each quarter in every game, that might be an easier armchair assessment, but that hasn't been happening over and over. In that quarter, we had a rare stretch of six straight turnovers, mostly from key players in the team - that sounds more like a bad night than a lack of proper direction.

mattic's eyewitness info on OzHoops suggests it was about the Crocs getting hot, more than anything. Adelaide still had 57 in the first half and posted a respectable score, but it came down to Williamson have 6/8 threes and the team having 18/41 all up. If there were all wide open, that'd be one thing, but it doesn't sound like that was really the case.

Reply #222507 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

'We have started games or quarters , not focused.
That might be the coaches fault ' - - Ninnis said.

Reply #222514 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

"It is on me as the coach to make sure we're ready to play because Townsville came out strongly and the start set up the win," Sixers coach Scott Ninnis said.

I love Scotty, but how many times can a coach say this about his team? well anyway it's the third time this season! If you cannot motivate your team....?

Reply #222606 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

From all reports it sounds like the knock out game against the Bullets where no matter what we did they could not be stopped.

Reply #222611 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754