nifty
Years ago

Is 5 points the lowest ever

Issac we are having an argument here can you or someone tell us the lowest score ever in the NBL for a quarter.I think its the Sixers 5 points

Topic #18781 | Report this topic

bolks  
Years ago

I think we can all agree that it was the lowest score in a quarter ever. Now can everyone stop bitching about how the sixers are going ATM. Its betting pretty boring and annoying that all people can think of is of how we are on a bad streak at the moment. Sorry to sound abrupt, but give it a break.

Reply #222479 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure. Don't think the current online media guide provides that information.

Reply #222483 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Bolks, I agree. I just looked at the heading of this thread before opening it up and thought the same thing. Please everyone, put it to rest. We have the rest of the season to worry about and I don't want to dwell on this past weekend any more. NO more reminders thanks.

Reply #222486 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I recall a 8 point quarter by I think the Magic. Think at the time there was talk of a 6 point quarter in the past.

Time to start digging stat folk.

Reply #222487 | Report this post

hi  
Years ago

The sixers should be hanging their heads in shame. Im furious about that performance. If i was at the game i would've thrown a coke bottle at ninnis

Reply #222491 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

According to Boti, it is the lowest score in a quarter for the Sixers, ever. Doesn't say if it's an NBL record.

http://linky.com.au/9hb1s

Reply #222494 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

Personally I think the 50+ point losses that happened all too often with the previous coach was much worse than only scoring 5 points in one quarter.
All the Ninnis baggers seem to have forgot pretty quickly how bad things were this time last season and the season before that.
I haven't seen the box score or watched the game, were they putting up lots of shots and missing or just kept turning over the ball as soon as they got possesion in that quarter ?

Reply #222512 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

50+ point losses ? When did THEY happen ? Thought the largest losses in league history were West Sydney losing by 50 points in consecutive weeks a few years back, dont recall the 6ers EVER losing by over 50pts ..

On a side note, do remember the Dallas Mavericks having a 2pt quarter during Shawn Bradley's heyday ...

Lastly, 3rd ptr stats - 5 turnovers, 0 from 10 2pt field goals (including Hill blocked twice), 1 from 3 downtown and 2 from 4 freethrows ...

Reply #222520 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Shirley, I tend to agree, but they were technically 40-50 point losses actually.

Media guide shows the five worst losses in club history as:

48 19/01/08 AT BRISBANE (107-155)
46 02/01/04 AT WOLLONGONG (75-121)
44 23/12/05 AT SYDNEY (89-133)
43 04/02/06 AT BRISBANE (77-120)
40 20/01/07 AT SYDNEY (75-115)

Melvin, live scores showed more than five turnovers for that quarter? I remember it being something like Maher, Schenscher, Schenscher, Schenscher, Ballinger, Bruce in the first few minutes alone before Bruce hit the three.

Reply #222522 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

the topic is not a sixer bash - the Q was asked and remains unanswered " can someone tell us the lowest score ever in the NBL for a quarter" - I dont think it needs the defensive responses it is getting. I am sure no one is happy with the weekends games but that is not this topic.

Reply #222531 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

nifty after 3 glasses of wine and perusal of the online media guide i think i can confidently say NO. Second lowest on record. In 1998 the hawks had a 4 pt quarter against Razors. In 1996 sixers has a 6 pt quarter and tigers in 85 had a 6 pt quarter. Perth and Taipans have had a 7 pt quarter.

Reply #222630 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:31 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754