Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

Mr. Referee, May I Have A Quick Word With You?

Who hasn't, at some point or another, wanted to just wander onto court to chat with the ref about a call ?!

From Deadspin :
"He's actually Jonathan Xavier, the brother of Friar guard Jeff Xavier and all he wants to know is why there was not a foul called on Marquette after his whole family (symbolically) got poked in the eye driving to the hoop. Yes, the game was still in progress, but doesn't he deserve an answer? Don't we all?!"

Topic #18786 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

There was nothing dirty about the play and it is questionable whether it was a foul or not. Then the clown guy comes onto the court like some sort of hero. This fires up Jonathan Xavier who then has a go at the umpires. Both the brothers look like dumbass thugs.

It was an interesting video though :)

Reply #222561 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

was the player mad at the umpires or the brother? that's what i couldn't work out..

Reply #222562 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seems to have been yelling at the ref. Hardly a dirty foul in the first place and easy contact for the ref to miss.

Reply #222564 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

stop sticking up for the ref!!!!

Reply #222570 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Seems the only way he will be watching his brother now is on the TV at home.

He has to be banned - or we need to start putting fences up around the court because every weirdo that watches NBA in the US is going to look at that and go WOW, he held up the whole game.

Ban him for a season, minimum.

Reply #222571 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

With the Breakers coming to town on Feb.7, could we see Isaac storm onto the court if Oscar gets a couple of bad calls or an elbow under the basket? That'd be awesome to watch!!!

As for the clip, the player carries on like he's been shot... what a tool! I think he travelled anyway, just an extra little step. Life ban for the brother I say... as much as I dislike most refs, they have to be protected... it's only a game afterall!!!

Nah, I take that back... it's more than just a game, it's a way of life!!!

Reply #222585 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

hell thought i was watching a soccer game for the way he went down,looked like he was shot by the sniper on the grassy knowl

Reply #222604 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Anyone know if he was actually hurt (broken nose or something?) or just being a pussy?

Wasn't a foul IMO.

Reply #222612 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Watch it again and you'll see what really happened. Un-flaming-believable. He crab dribbled and like Caron Butler said, "Duh, that's a travel". Bring in the third umpire via 3-mobile and call it a travel. That'll get his brother going.

Reply #222637 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Def a travel, harden up.

Reply #222699 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

What a (Mod: ?!?).

Reply #222712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i just dont get how he was able to get onto the court and approach the referee. who knows he could have gone after the opposition player and possibly started a fight.

Reply #223225 | Report this post

that was good honest Paul Rees defense

Reply #223228 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:53 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754