Anonymous
Years ago

Womens ABL

How are the teams looking. Will the league be as strong this year as it has previously. Have any of the clubs managed to secure any big signings? Will we see camino back in the mighty Blue :-)

Topic #18793 | Report this topic

methusla  
Years ago

norwood with 3 lightnings will be the pace setter.

woodville and sturt with younger ones coming through

west top 4

foreestville - ?

north - not many changes

tigers top 5

south ?

mavs - not looking promising

centrals - same old

wont see camino in adel

Reply #222679 | Report this post

go team go  
Years ago

I would expect the ladder to look as follows

Norwood - although Williams has lost a step which team wouldn't want her, if foley plays her and duke will be a deadly 1-2 combiantion

Forestville - with newley, ranford and fergus will be solid

West - Woosnam and Martin soild

Sturt - Marion and bowley x 2 still kickin

North - Jo hill all season and mansfield for 1/2 season still contenders

South - will be middle of the road may collect as many wins against finals teams as they have losses to non finals teams

Woodville - played better than ever last season loss of brooke sidebottom hurts but may give southern, south and eastern good games

Southern - No Beatty, No Cannon, No Tigers. Too much pressure on Gates, Hendrie and Mousley. Not much to dislike about Ieva Nagy however

Centrals - for the first time in recent memory they have a coach stay on for multiple seasons and have collected summer season wins look for the lions best season I think 3 wins

Eastern - loss of Francis and Williams too much to overcome, team of role players may have to play the role of wooden spooners

Reply #222692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will mahony play at forestville? they would be disappointed to have not secured duke

Reply #222700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently loyalty doesnt mean a alot to some people...

Reply #222702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nerrida Cooper (sorry about spelling if wrong) at south is a good pick up for them.

Reply #222707 | Report this post

Wayville 96  
Years ago

Great laugh that somebody complains that a hired gun moving on from a club that recriuted her over the top of their juniors. Especially when that club has thrown hired guns to the curb when they get injured.

Not suprising with the ongoing rumour that players may have been receiving extra benefits, but wont this year.

Reply #222709 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

How come Cayla Francis won't be playing at Eastern this year?? That's a big time player to lose.
And Wayville 96, I heard the same thing but we won't go there!

Reply #222710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go team go- sidebottom didn't playfor woodville last year

Reply #222711 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

yes, appears though Norwood Lightning (someone has renamed it apparently) will go top, North girls always look good, Eagles and West up there.

The big improvers will be the Lions. After winless last season, the only way is up! Expect the girls to go wild when they get their first win.

Mavs to get the wooden spoon.

Norwood v North GF

Reply #222720 | Report this post

Page  
Years ago

Panther,
Cayla Francis is playing SEABL with Sandringham Sabres, along side her pal from the AIS, Molly Lewis.

Reply #222765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Cayla confirmed at Sandringham? I heard that she was decided between there and Ballarat based on where her boyfriend sign. Molly Lewis wont be back at Sandringham this year i've heard, would that effect Cayla's decision?

Reply #222781 | Report this post

nounsa  
Years ago

beatty and cannon gone from tigers??? to where?...

Reply #222782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West are hopeful of Lauren King coming back and playing. West should be very competitive with the improvement of some of the juniors coming through.

Cooper no certainty to play for South this year.

Forrestville would be very dosappointed losing Duke, they thought both she and Foley were going to play there this season.

Reply #222792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was out watching social at pasadena last night and spotted Brooke Sidebottom training with the Sturt girls.... to be honest, I don't think she will add to what they have. With the juniors coming through consistently at Sturt, will she crack it?

Reply #222966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think foley was even considering leaving norwood this year. Norwood looking strong, dont know about norwood lightning. but still

Got possibly 2 people looking into US colleges, plus the lightning players and many of the good squad players from last year.

North look to be the other strong team, with west always getting results and pushing top. Not sure about the rest, sturt maybe, depends on who they have retained and the rest fighting out the last 2 spots

Reply #223234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Williams wont get a run, she will be absolutely crap in a good team this year. She wont stand out as a guard with all that talent. Very different story in a team with no guards

Reply #223236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#223236 must be from a winery in the hills sounds like sour grapes from Mt. Barker to me

Reply #223475 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754