nosy parker
Years ago

outcome of junior meeting on 18th

well - the big kahunas met on the weekend re the direction of the junior comp.

any official word on what changes we can expect?

Topic #18798 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the big kahunas"

you mean the parents that work on club committees?

if they're deciding the future of the junior competition based on the result of that meeting then the local comp is headed the same was as the current NBL.

Reply #222685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The commission
The competitions committee
Deligates from 12 Clubs
State Coaching director
Referee Reps

Not quite a bunch of parents from the side lines

Reply #222694 | Report this post

I am Mutley  
Years ago

I have the inside running on a couple of new rule changes.

1. Any kid who has a parent on a club committee gets 1st choice for div 1.

2. Any kid who has a parent that sponsors the club has 1st choice for div 1.

3. Any kid who has a parent that constantly talks up their kid to the coach while bagging the other kids will have 1st choice for Div 1.

Sorry...disregard the above; I have just been told they are the old rules and will not be changed.

My bad.

Reply #222753 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

So, are we to assume that you are not on the Committee, don't sponsor the club, or bag other little Johnnies/Janies at the club?

Reply #222766 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I thought this meeting was a little more than a "junior meeting". I understood this meeting to discuss more the broader issues of governance covering basketball in this state.

Reply #222767 | Report this post

hangin round  
Years ago

Suggest you check with your club.
Mark Hubbard forwarded a 'time-frame' to clubs following this meeting.
Good to see that the follow-ups and feedback are not being stretched out over 6 to 12 months.

Reply #222791 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

See that Seniors fixtures are now up on Sporting Pulse for Winter 2009 - does anyone know when the Junior Fixtures will be uploaded or is that just expecting too much?

Reply #222808 | Report this post

I am Mutley  
Years ago

Why yes Jack, you can assume all that.

I also don't swear, drink, take drugs, fart or burp around other people and I help little old ladies across the road. Im kind to animals and have never stolen a thing in my life.

I have often found over the years that my only down fall is that I am prone to streeetching the truth from time to time.

Reply #222813 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL

Reply #222880 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754