Yes, I am a Nerd
Years ago

NH: COD 4 V COD 5

Warning: if you are not interested in on line gaming you probably should not bother wasting your time on this thread.

Anyone out there played COD 5 on line? I have been playing 4 on line for about 2-3 months and love it; getting up the prestige ladder, for me, is a nice little challenge. I generally only play domination.

I brought COD 5 the other day and completed the regular game, then got on line.

I must say I am not impressed with it. I actually find it boring. I gave it a good 1 & 1/2 days playing; however I ended up going back to 4 as I feel it is a much better game.

I also have noticed that there is more chat on 4 than there is on 5. Yeah you get a lot of wankers on the headsets; however I have made a few friends on line, a couple I have come to know pretty well from the other side of the globe.

On 5 there just doesn't seem to be as much chat.

I do like the boot camp part of 5, it does give you a small chance to learn the maps.

Any thoughts fellow nerds. (yes I acknowledge I should get out in the fresh air more & talk to real people)

Topic #18802 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Embrace the inner nerd in us all.

What platform are you on?

I agree whole heartedly that Cod4 is a much more enjoyable experience online and still gets more gameplay than Cod5 by myself.

Reply #222756 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks for the adivce my kid is a COD4 freak - and when he asks for COD5 I'll direct him to this thread. He also tells me this game helps his b/ball and a lot of the NBA guys play it..any truth to that.....

Reply #222758 | Report this post

Sam I am  
Years ago

I play on PS3, my tag is Jrod365

I was on normal ADSL and while workable, I couldn't use the headset with out the game being delayed by a second or two (not good for a killing game). No one else in the house could be on the net at the same time either, which was becoming a problem.

Last week I upgraded to ADSL2 with Bigpond and the difference is outstanding. I can use the headset with no probs and some one else can be on the net downloading to their hearts content. I

Anon, it will improve your sons reflexes, no doubt. On line is pretty intense (especially the shipment map)apart from that I think the rest is just an excuse to play.

If your son wants to earn a few tips get him to go to You Tube and look up COD4 tips. I have gained heaps of useful tips and strategy's from there.

I feel they made a blunder taking 5 back to WW2. What I would like to see for COD 6 is back to a more modern era & the adding of civilians running around dodging bullets and trying to get out of the way while the online games are running. If you hit a civ, you loose points. If you kill a civ your points are wiped for that game.

Reply #222764 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

How many civs are running around in real life during a war? more likely be cowering in buildings, might be better suited to the single player.

Cod WAW was developed by someone different than Cod4 but using the same engine. The developers of cod4 will be making the next installment so hopefully they can re-capture some of the magic.

PS3: DaDingo13

Reply #222780 | Report this post

Sam I am  
Years ago

Point taken DJ; but have a look at Iraq and in particular the Gaza Strip at the moment. Plenty of civ casualties.

Have you ever just lobbed 2- 3 nades to any point on a COD 4 map without knowing who was there to get some easy kills?

If the answer is yes, then civ's trying to find cover might just be the answer, maybe not on all the maps, but ones like Crossfire, Crash, China Town & Overgrown would suit.

Reply #222809 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Could potentially help with some random nade throwers - not my style, but yes there are plenty of them out there.

Reply #222817 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sam, haven't played COD5, but in other FPS games, the random grenade-and-hope is a tactic I often use (e.g., in Halo). I think the inclusion of civilians would be really interesting - nice idea. You should pick a few FPS companies, email them and ask if they've thought of trying it before. Wonder if people would use them as human shields?

Reminds me - I think a GTA IV-style game (maybe with the driving aspect reduced) could be done in a civil-war (e.g., once-Yugoslavia) setting. Running from house to house dodging gunfire on the streets, etc.

Far Cry II tried the civil-war concept using Africa but there are no civilians (anyone who spots you will start shooting) and the faction stuff is a real let-down.

Reply #222824 | Report this post

Years ago

stick with BF2

Reply #222859 | Report this post

shooter  
Years ago

{yes i am a nerd} have you had a look at combat arms its a free online game and free to download not a bad shooter game [combatarms.nexon.net]

Reply #222863 | Report this post

Tassie!  
Years ago

cod 5 made by Trearch = good
cod 4 made by Infinity Ward = Bloody awesome!

cod 3 made by Trearch = mmmm...ok
cod 2 BRO(Big Red One)by Infinity Ward = Awesome!

Can anyone else see a trend? i have respect for both developers but Infinity Ward seem to be able to turn it up a notch!

having said that i do not own any of the series but seem to sell a hell of a lot of it!

either way your in for a good game

Reply #222877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754