mark
Years ago

Who's the best: Farley or Hodge?

Who is the best player out of Farley and Hodge during there time at Adelaide ? Both offensively and more important down on the defensive end? Because niether would be classed as putting in on the D side of the game

Topic #18808 | Report this topic

Footer  
Years ago

Willie... he won a championship.. nough said

Reply #222845 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The team won the Championship not Willie alone....

Reply #222850 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I'd pay to go see both
both played to the crowd which made them favs
both could dunk
willie hit more 3's
hodge passed more dimes

in their prime i'd say Willy by a smidge but only because we saw him so many more games also

Reply #222857 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I dont think he meant Willie won it by himself mate

Reply #222858 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

FARLEY, better overall game, could shoot the ball and led us to great win percentages. Hodge was great but Farley did more with a less talented team.

Reply #222861 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

Farley. He coulld shoot a jumpshot dunk the ball, create his own shot, and most importantly, make players around him better. When he was on, he also had that oozing defensive stance that would get the crowd going.

Farley had it all. I still wear my Farley jersey to every game.

Reply #222864 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Julius didn't hang around for long enough for things to go sour (on the court).

Willie was incredible during 2002. Unstoppable.

I'm going to sit on the fence and say that Julius was better at his best, but Willie compiled a greater body of work.

Reply #222867 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Julius was and is a slightly better player. But I'll give it to Willie for longevity.

Reply #222883 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

hodge was in the top 5 in the 3 main basketball statistical area's, points rebounds and assist. he was averaging about 25 pts a game with 7 and 7 are you guys serious? and julius never got a chance to go for a championship, everyone knows we were already screwed by the time we got him last year to even make the playoffs. its not fair to throw the championship thing in the debate when jules never got a fair shot at one.

Reply #222892 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

He could've had a shot at one this year if he wasn't such a selfish snake.

Reply #222897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julius's stats were a testament to his attitude.....me me me!! Hodge was making sure he put up good numbers in those categories as a platform for another shot at the NBA but the guy needs to realise that his game is not good enough for the big show - nor is his attitude!

Willie was a great defender when he wanted to be! In his last year his attitude wasnt there but that could have been due to the way he was treated.

Both good players but I would take Willie on accounting for everything on and off court!!

Reply #222899 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

so averaging 6.0 assist a game to be number 1 in the league is a me me me attitude then huh? one reason i liked hodge so much was becasue when he played he got others involved. the pass griz made to luke in the second was a pass hodge made to him 3 or 4 times a game. this topic is not about hodge's attitude, if this topic as bought up before the hodge payment and release issue this question would be laughed at. its great how everyone here is extremely loyal to the team, this proves we are the best fans in the NBL but even though Hodge did some things I dont agree with I dont feel he is the only guilty party in what happened.

Reply #222907 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Farley for his 2002 season with an underrated team that went the distance.

Reply #222935 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Farley because of the title and because when all was said and done Julius was part of two teams that went .500 with him on them.

Reply #222942 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

For the mathematically inclined:

Farley / 2002 = (Hodge + J + 3) x Championship.

Reply #222949 | Report this post

lukn4atitle  
Years ago

Farley just look at the you tube clip and while Hodge was brilliant the 3 point ability would put him in front!

Reply #223068 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The Willie we loved...

Reply #223075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not answering this until I get paid.

Reply #223112 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:39 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754