skip
Years ago

The 36ers run to the play offs...

Wildcats @ Home
Dragons Away
Breakers @ Home
Hawks Away

2 wins will guarantee us a playoff spot over Sydney.
3 wins (if one of those is Perth) would most likely give us 4th spot.

How do people see our chances? Not one of those games I would class as a gimme.

I would like to think both Perth and Wollongong would see us with a win.
If we can get one away of the other two as well, it would send a great message to other teams heading into the playoffs.

I'll predict a 2-2 result.

Your thoughts?

Topic #18823 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Correction - Another quick look at Perths run home (Blaze, Spirit & Tigers at home, Spirit and 36ers away) would probably still see Perth pip us for fourth, even if we got the 3 wins.

Reply #223027 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

stranger things have happened skip ;)

Reply #223030 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Flip a coin with any game this season! But yeah, I'd expect 2 and 2, leaving us at 50% (15 and 15).

The Wildcats (13-12) have:
Blaze (Home)
Spirit (Away)
36ers (Away)
Spirit (Home)
Tigers (Home)

Likely they'll go 3 and 2 (losses to 36ers and Tigers), so 16 and 14 overall.

The Crocs have:
Hawks (Away)
Taipans (Home)
Dragons (Home)
Tigers (Away)

Similar to 36ers, I'd assume 2 and 2, so 16 and 14, leaving 36ers in 6th. Unless of course the Spirit (11-13) beat the Blaze, the Wildcats twice, the Taipans twice and the Breakers and finish 17 and 13. Hey - it's been that kinda season!

Sunshine Swing = muchios hurty.

Reply #223032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon crocs will only win one more game leaving them at 15-15 too with sixers finishing higher than them due to split

Reply #223045 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Wildcats @ Home...Win
Dragons Away......lose
Breakers @ Home...Win
Hawks Away........Win

Reply #223055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your a brave man to say that they will beat NZ but I sure hope you are right!

Reply #223058 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Wasn't even the sunshine swing that killed us. You would be happy walking away 1-1 from that.

The losses to Cairns and Blaze are the killers!

Reply #223062 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

am i right to say we are on a 7 game win streak at home??

or is it 6??

thats a big factor a home forms BIG!

Reply #223086 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Home winning streak doesn't mean much if we don't get a playoff game :P

Reply #223089 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Hopefully by the time we get to Wollongong, Wollongong will know if that game is going to mean anything to them or not. If it doesn't, I would hope that they will help us out. It would be a disaster if we were dependent on that game to make 4th position and they had nothing to lose and then go and take the game away.

Reply #223104 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

A 1-3 split is more than likely the scenario for the 6ers , which I believe will still scrape us in to the finals , the Perth game at home is a must win as tell me differently but this could be our first opponent come playoffs and the confidence gained could be the difference to see how far we can go. I think we can beat the Breakers at home with the telling factor the 6th man on the court(us the crowd)to get us over the line. As you have all stated stranger things have happened dont count us out just yet!

Reply #223105 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

That breakers game is also likely to be the biggest crowd of the year with the possibillity of it being Mahers last home game.

Reply #223111 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754