William 38
Years ago

Eddie Groves wants more $$

Looks like Eddie might be running out of money

http://linky.com.au/1zk3c

Topic #18851 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

When a company goes into liquidation it is not unusual for all people, including former employees and vendors to lodge a claim against the company in the hope of gettign 30 cents in the dollar.

Reply #223371 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

After the lavish wedding he had 2 weeks ago to his mistress for many years down the Gold Coast, I still would've thought it's a bit rich even for Eddy's standard to still be holding out his hand while prancing around in a brand new Merc with BULLETS (the team that he caused to die) for a number plate.

Reply #223386 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

HAHA you are being a bit harsh. The difference between Eddie and the Sydney Kings and Spirit Owners are that Eddie was actually passionate about his team, hence the BULLETS number plates on his car. He also showed that by allowing the team to travel in his private jet and also giving them a reward trip to Las Vegas when they won the championship. I honestly believe he treasured his beloved Bullets and the financial problems that caused the team to fold were the result of his ABC Learning Centres business. I actually have sympathy for the man and what he has gone through.

Reply #223418 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

EC did you hear about the almost daily goings-on in Brisbane and from a couple of players who are yet to be paid and really struggled financially?
I guess not.
I don't hate Eddy, but for those that knew the ins and outs of what went on in Brisbane, he did a lot of people wrong by killing the club with his idea of love and passion.

Reply #223427 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Maybe if he didn't have a private jet the team would still be going

Reply #223477 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Maybe if the team used the club and league sponsor Virgin then they would not have pulled their sponsorship which was the reason the rescue bidders pulled out.

Reply #223481 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Kent at no stage did Virgin pull out- this was clarified some time ago.
They signed for one year and the contract came to it's natural end.... the off-court dramas with players walking etc hardly enabled Virgin to be confident in re-signing a new contract with them.

Reply #223494 | Report this post

bb  
Years ago

the team flew to games on commercial virgin flights, not eddys' private plane.
anyone a the airport there to greet them after championship win can testify to this also.

Reply #223505 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Ok HAHA so you know the ramifications of what happened when Eddy flew the team to Perth on a QANTAS flight beacuse the QANTAS plane gave the players better leg room than their own and league sponsor.

Reply #223506 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

How many different conversations are you trying to link here?

Reply #223533 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:12 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754