andy
Years ago

Is Ogilvy injured or just playing badly?

His stocks are absolutely dropping every game of late. Not sure if he is injured or not but his offense output is very low recently.

Topic #18855 | Report this topic

Hood 85  
Years ago

Injured and playing through it. Commentators have been discussing it lately.

Reply #223397 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Hopefully it doesnt affect his NBA chances

Reply #223402 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Watched yesterday's game and he was clearly battling with a flu like illness, they also mentioned he's been having some problems with his heel. Started the 2nd half and came off 49 seconds later and had nothing to do with fouls. Didn't bother watching the last 10 minutes as Vandy were getting pumped but I'd surprised if he played more than about 14 minutes in the match. Hopefully he regains his health soon.

Reply #223425 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Guys, guys, guys...if you took the the time to follow my posts on the "Ogilvy Watch" thread, you would know he is battling an injury and definitely does not have the flu. He has plantar fasciitis in one of his feet. It is a debilitaing injury affecting the arch in his foot and thus he has trouble walking, let alone running. He is a game by game proposition. And as the best player on the Commodore's team, his team is suffering in his absence.

Reply #223442 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

LC, love your college player update threads and you're obviously a man in the know on college hoops, but the commentators in the game definitely said he'd been suffering from flu like symptoms recently, perhaps this is in addition to the plantar fasciitis you mentioned (or maybe the commentators got it wrong?).

Reply #223467 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No worries billo. I didn't get a chance to watch that game and when I found out he didn;t get much action, particulary in the 2nd stanza I wasn't as disappointed for missing it.

It's a shame he is playing hurt. I hope it doesn't hurt his cghances of being drafted in the first round...he is definitely a 1st rounder class-wise.

Big game for Aussie fan's this Friday our time (Thursday in USA), with Patty's Mill's and his #18 Saint Mary's team taking on the #25 Gonzaga for. Huge game for either team. A win for Saint Mary's will entrench them in the top 25 and could see them make a run at the top 10 if they could carry that form.

Reply #223472 | Report this post

Rodney Carney  
Years ago

heel injury and he had recently been battling the flu as well.. commentators kept repeating it

Reply #223566 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I don't think St. Mary's will be making a run at the top 10. They have a very soft schedule. Gonzaga is the only decent team they play. If they lose to them they could even miss out on the tournament (unlikely but still a chance).

Reply #223579 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I said "If" - and they certainly could, but I do agree it is unlikley. If they can go win for win with the Zag's, they will definitely make the NCAA tourney. They did last year along with San Diego and Gonzaga.
Beat the Zag's and back it up with another win on Sunday, and Saint Mary's will be ranked inside the top 15 next weeek (likely #14 or 15 IMO).

Reply #223583 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754