ExWhyZee
Years ago

New Court Design's?

Seen some pictures of the courts from Albury and they are all set up with square key ways.
When does this design come into full use as a rule?

Topic #18874 | Report this topic

Skin  
Years ago

Im pretty sure it has to be implemented in higher levels by 2010 and other leagues by 2012. But that is just of the top of my head.

the fiba website has some info on it i reckon

Reply #223616 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

from my understanding, 2010 for all professional / semi-professional leagues (which means all BSA courts as juniors will have to play on these courts as well and to have say court one at Wayville with new lines and courts 2 and 3 with the existing line would just be stupid.) And 2012 for all other competitions.

BTW where did you see these photos? Im interested to see how they came out.

Reply #223618 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

i seen them when some kids returned over at there house...the parents were showing me...

they said the courts were awsome, and looked the goods...

Reply #223622 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

If the Albury tournament is any indication of how the game will be called, the new key only serves to keep you further away on the free throws!!

From my understanding, the wider lane was introduced to open up the game, spread the floor and make penetration easier. If referees continue to ignore the old 3-second rule, then you're just giving the bigs a larger box to stand in. Many of the younger teams just sent their bigs to the middle of the key and told them to stand there until the whistle blew. Then the ref says they are not affecting the play (right - because nobody actually bothered to guard the biggest guy on the court standing 2 feet from the basket).

And the new 'charge' circle makes a nice little marker for inexperienced kids playing a zone - 'hey, big girl, stand in behind this circle and don't leave. If anybody comes near you and tries to shoot it, stick your arms in the air and get that garbage out of there'.

I love the new rules in concept but they need some help from the refs to improve the game.

Funnily, with the 2 3-point lines marked (the old in a dark colour and the new one in white like the rest of the lines) it was funny to see all the kids spotting up with their toes on the 3-point line (new) and shake their heads when they came up about 50cm short with their 3's!!

Reply #223626 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

yeah, i have for a long time been confused about the 3 sec rule, while the kid stays in there for ever and has nothing to do with the offense, as soon as they get the ball or set a screen they become in the offense...and still dont get 3 seconds...

one of the kids said wodonga had new boards on 3 courts too...would like to know the cost of that???

Reply #223630 | Report this post

Dazzler  
Years ago

Anyone got any pics? Would really like to see the new courts

Reply #223633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazzler do you have fox?

Watch the next NBA game, thats what the courts will look like.

Reply #223653 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

Yer, like i said, the courts were good to play on...this coming from the kids, can't see from picture what the boards are really like, but the paint work looked the go...

Reply #223660 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Eltham High School has resurfaced their older 2 courts and have painted the new lines there. Looks OK to me.

Reply #223662 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

what i did see was how big the shoulders of the key itself was compared to the jump circle....massive, and does allow kids to hang in there for ages...

Reply #223697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754