igotmadskills
Years ago

Painting a basketball court

All, Ive got a 70 square metre concrete slab basketball court in my back yard and want to make it green as is too bright/glarey currently to play during the day on sunny days as the concrete is pretty white.
Does anyone have any experience colouring concrete using a sealer or paint if so please let me know whats best etc.

Topic #18875 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

Im pretty heavily involved with tennis and to resurface (paint) two tennis courts the cost is between 10 and 12 grand. So i would say any where between 5 and 10 grand would be a reasonable price for the surfacing. My suggestion would be to get in touch with Tigerturf or Tru-flex, both of whom are very good at court surfacing.

Reply #223627 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Most paint manufacturers have good quality concrete paints that you can spray or roll on. If you etch the surface properly, they'll last for years and cost heaps less than 5 or 10 grand. Contact paint manufactures; there's one (solver i think) cnr Grand Junction and Churchill Rds.

Reply #223638 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

sorry mate I completely underestimated how big 70 square metres is in relation to a tennis court. I would imagine to surface you court would probably be more between 1 and 3 grand. But again this is really only a guesstimate but worth checking out.

Reply #223645 | Report this post

paint-it  
Years ago

for a back yard bball court all you need to do is ech the surface then paint it with some paving paint from solver or wattle this would work alright,if you use a solvent based paint make sure you add a non-slip powder to it (sold at solver) or if using a water based paving paint it leaves a slight texture.To ech it you just go and buy some acid from your hardware, if you dont it will peel real.

(Mod: Helpful info.)

Reply #223659 | Report this post

HFSA  
Years ago

Igotmadskills:

I work at High Friction Surfaces and can definetely help you out.

email me
[email protected]

Reply #223701 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BTW, for anyone needing painting services, I had good results using a site called Trade Connect - lodge your job online, they SMS to various tradies who then call you. Had three quotes to paint the exterior of a small building: $2800, $2400, $800. Went with the $800 (figuring that even if it was a terrible job, we could pay him again to give it a second coat!) and he did a great job.

If you want the contact info for the guy we went with, drop me an email.

Reply #223716 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Thanks for all your help guys ive got a few options in the pipeline now.
Cheers

Reply #223864 | Report this post

jpmack  
Two years ago

hey igotmadskills, did you end up sorting this problem out? can i ask how? i've just laid 70m2 of concrete and i want to finish with a decent (cost effective) surface.

tried to find Trade Connect but it seems to be QLD based. i'm in VIC

Reply #892572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754