Chickenboy
Years ago

A change of heart?

Not long ago I asked for finals predictions and most people thought the Tigers couldn't get past the Breakers in a series...does their recent win streak (with wins over the Dragons and NZ) change your mind? Would the Tiger win a series against NZ?
Can they keep up their current form? and if so, can anyone beat them in a series?

Topic #18877 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Tigers with Barlow running the point couldn't win a series vs Dragons or Breakers.

Tigers with Crosswell/Kendall running the point and DT helping can beat both Dragons and Breakres in a series. Their biggest problem now is their bigs and something must have been amiss with Horvath who logged 0 minutes in the last game and thus forcing Goorj to play small ball for alot of the game, playing into the style of ball that the Tigers could defend (to an extent).

Reply #223668 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

...something must have been amiss with Horvath who logged 0 minutes in the last game...
He fouled out during warm-ups.

Reply #223676 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dave Thomas is an improvement for them too given what they need in the roster. I think the Tigers are the new favourites. Their mindset's changed and that's a reasonable part of success in the game.

As I've said before, I have started thinking that the Dragons are too evenly spread to have the stars to step up in the post-season. Remember the Kings last season were dominant until they hit the business end - same sort of team. Worthington is there, but neither import is going to shoulder the team in big games, nor Gibson, and Ingles is having a bit of a horror patch (hasn't hit double figures in four games, I think I read yesterday?).

The Breakers are hard to pick right now. If they get it back together, they have a good spread of options and (most importantly for finals) some key, experienced players (Penney, Bruton, Jones, Ronaldson) who can take over a game. They'll have to win now to top third and lock in a series, or avoid getting thrown out in a freak elimination (like the Sixers that time). IMO, they have one of the better streaks to finish over the last five games - Dragons at home, 36ers on Feb 7, and teams like the Hawks and Spirit who can be dangerous but should be double-figure wins for a team expecting to challenge for the championship.

Big test first up tonight, IMO. The real danger game for them is the 36ers, I think.

Reply #223713 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers are acting like pretenters at the mo instead of the contenders they were in 08.

Reply #223849 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

"He fouled out during warm-ups" - Mantis.

My screen very nearly just wore my breakfast. Gold.

Reply #223877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754