Shaqdiddy
Years ago

Dusty For MVP!

I know there is alot of different players that could win the MVP this year, but surely Dusty has to come very close! His stats are ridiculous, some games he is totally of the charts!

He has been consistant all year, and I know that he is definitely in moment, but isn't any good MVP candidtae meant to be dominating at the money end of the season?

I am a huge Sixers fan, so ofcourse I'm bias, but serioulsy he is even the favourite on th NBL website poll!

John Rillie is probably going to give him the most trouble, he too is coming good at the business end of the season, but Adelaide without Maher has become Dusty's team, and I think he does more of the 1% stuff especially taking all those charges!

Topic #1888 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

just going by his stats, i would put some money on him for sure. but darnell mee and rillie would have to be close to.

(dame adelaide gets some good talent!! if only we could keep them)

Reply #21405 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

And to think, Victoria cut this guy. His old journal posts are worth a read - he held back a bit when he arrived at Victoria because he didn't want to be seen as being too selfish ..... and they sacked him 'cause they interpreted this as his being unable to play! Their loss, our gain. Well spotted again, Mr Smyth!

Reply #21432 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I think Darnell Mee for his overall game will also warrent some attention as will Wethers

Reply #21441 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

was it townsville who let him go? - fools

Reply #21530 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

I think it will come down to Mee, Rychart, Wethers and Smith.

I think they decide MVP on a game by game voting system similar to the Brownlow.

I can't think of many games where Rychart wouldn't have been in the top 3 performing 36ers.

However, same can be said of the others I listed. Will Saville and Campbell steal more votes from Mee than Maher and Farley steal from Rychart?

You would imagine Maher would poll well and would have also been a contender (if not the favourite) if he had played 32 games.

Reply #21531 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

With the MVP voting, it used to be that each coach assigned 10 points to the opposing team at the end of each game. So, if A.Gaze destroyed you, he might get 7 and Copeland 2 and Bradtke 1 (and that's it). Or you can give 1 point to 10 players.

Has the system changed?

Reply #21542 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I think it's 10 votes that the coach can give for BOTH teams, with a maximum of 5 to any one player.

(Mod: Nice of you to join us once in a while!)

Reply #21546 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd like to see each of the Sixers main three players get something. Maher was a great chance at MVP before missing a few games and Dusty may be Adelaide's best shot now.

I'm hoping that Farley can get the scoring title in these last few games. He's a fraction behind Brian Wethers. Farley has 2 games to go while Wethers has 4. Willie has really picked up in the absence of Maher, elevating his rebound and assist stats as well as his usual scoring.

Didn't Farley getted pipped at the post for the scoring title the last time he was with the 36ERS?

Reply #21547 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Yeah, by Randy Rutherford wasn't it? Something like 24.3 to 24.9.

:-) - I have to pop in every so often, wouldn't want you forgetting me now.

Reply #21550 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You could try the technique Libertine uses so people don't forget him -- find geriatric fetish websites and send them to people on his MSN list... charming lad.

Reply #21551 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Didn't cat win the scoring title last year or before from matty nielson?

Reply #21554 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Well, the MVP voting forms actually ask both coaches to award votes to both the visiting and home teams.

I think it is still a maximum of 10 votes, with a max to 5 to one player.

Reply #21556 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Well done to Yogee for re-wording my post. You've done an excellent job :-).

Reply #21565 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

To put my 2 cents worth in, i'd have to say Wethers would get it as he's got the least amount of competition on his team, the only down side is he's on a losing side. Generally I guess he'd be second on most counts but there simply isn't anyone on his team that will really take points off him. Dusty has to compete with Farley and Maher, Mee has to compete with Campbell and Sav, Rillie with Brown, Newley and Calvary, Smith with Bruton, Sandford and Roberts so it's going to be tough to go past Wethers, especially as he stands out because of his scoring.
Could be wrong though...

Reply #21566 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Do they go purely on the after-game votes from the coaches though? Surely there has to be some modifier related to the success of the team?

Or does that come in the allocation by coaches. i.e., if Adelaide won, would Breheny favour the 36ERS heavily with his votes? Would a coach ever routely give all 10 votes to players on his own team regardless of the outcome?

Reply #21567 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

He could be a little like Renae Camino from the AIS who polled in 15 games inthe ABC player of the year, but finished about 7th with 25 votes.

Hunter have won around half their games though, compared to the AIS winning just 3 games all season. I think Wethers is a good shot at winning it.

The 36ers could easily have 3 in the top 10 though!

Reply #21568 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Sorry Hoop Addict, serves me right for not reading your post thoroughly.

I do apologise :)

Reply #21592 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754