HAHA
Years ago

Bball Qld vs Brian Stephenson for Bullets relaunch

I may have mentioned I have a friend in Brisbane who is pretty clued up with having her finger on the pulse for the possibility of Brisbane returning to the New NBL, but not without it's share of frequent Young & The Restless style dramas.

There was an article she posted on Facebook today from the Courier-Mail which refers to Brian Stephenson who tried to save the Bullets when Kemp pulled out and was asked by the NBL to pay the bank guarantee when it wasn't even enforcable then.
Very little media information on the Bullets has occured in Brisbane since they folded- this was the first minor article in a long time so I thought I would share.
It is a pdf file which she had put on slideshare- I'm not sure how else to post it for you but here goes.

It seems as though regardless of whether Basketball Queensland keep stuffing things up or not, they are getting a run for their money with competition from Stephenson and Jeff Van Groningen, who interestingly sold out Joey Wright and told him Eddy had said only he had to take a pay cut which wasn't the case.
Let's hope they can pull it off.

PDF

Topic #18881 | Report this topic

A  
Years ago

Cheers HAHA, really appreciate your posts and input on this forum, and wish you guys up in Brisbane all the best on trying to get a team back into the comp. The Bullets have added much to the history of the NBL and great memories for a guy like me who is not even a Bullets supporter!

Reply #223704 | Report this post

No Saviour  
Years ago

Brian will have to save himself first with a number of his companies in insolvency this year and a couple of others four years ago.. Brian maybe this time you can do better.. but i doubt it

Reply #233700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754