TR
Years ago

OT: Walter Iooss S.I Photographer

I know that some guys here are into photography, and I've stumbled across the website of Walter Iooss.

Iooss does a lot of work for Sports Illustrated (yes, including the swim suit sessions), but some of his basketball photos are brilliant. He's been with SI for 47 years, and has photo's back to the Wilt/Russell days. Some of the Kobe and KG photos are awesome.

http://www.walteriooss.com/

http://linky.com.au/0bzpz

Topic #18901 | Report this topic

COOPZ  
Years ago

there are some great shots there. surprisingly none of MJ though? whats with that?

i like the one of wilt standing on the baseline of the boston garden and he looks 15ft tall, as he looks down the court surrounded by the imposing celtics championship banners

Reply #223924 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

If you scroll down you will see Jordan has his own section.

Reply #223926 | Report this post

COOPZ  
Years ago

nice work nutwork, i missed that.

looks like he has taken alot of the iconic MJ shots. The free throw dunk seen of every kids was in the 90's. the front cover to his book rare air i reckon too, and even the pic of him in his old school ferrari testarossa is one i remember from childhood fondly.

Reply #223932 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wow, what an incredible portfolio, so much variety. KG is unbelievably photogenic, love all the shots of him but particularly the one on the top line of page 2.

Reply #224022 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:58 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754