Speed44
Years ago

Julius' 1st blog from France

If anyone cares...

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/hodge/2009/02/01/off-to-france/

Topic #18925 | Report this topic

DICKO  
Years ago

"Anyway, I don't think this will hurt any chances to come back to the Australian League someday."

ORLY??????

Reply #224199 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I don't think it will hurt his chances. People are often blinded by talent, that is why people that have made mistakes in the past (Symonds, Cousins, Warne, Fevola, Sonny Bill etc.) can still enjoy big fat contracts.

Reply #224200 | Report this post

Axe  
Years ago

From previous blog: "I wanna give big props to my guy Kiki Vandeweghe, who helped me to change my shot. My shot is feeling and looking very good. It has definitely improved."

5/13 from the field.....hmmmm, time to ask Kiki for a refund Julius?

Reply #224203 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

DICKO you feel other teams wont want him now? I'm sure any team that actually pays on time wont have a problem with him. You actually prefer to have Darden and Smith??

Personally I'd hate to see the Sixers have to play against him next season as he will continue to dominate.

Reply #224204 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Nutwork, you are talking about Australians with a long history of success in their field and doing it in the eyes of Australians. Hodge is a relative new comer to Australian sport and really people have not had the time or exposure to him to be left with any lasting impressions. I wouldn't be comparing Hodge to these great names in Australian Sport. Go mentioning all of these names to anyone on the street, especially one year down the track and my bet is that most of them won't know who Hodge is but will be familiar with the others.

Reply #224216 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Fair enough EC but if you compare him with other imports in the league he is of much better value. The only other imports I can think of that teams wouldn't swap would be Ballinger. Not that Adelaide would take him back anyway.

Reply #224222 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

And yet Ballinger was cut from the Hawks.

Funny ol' game, basketball.

Reply #224228 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

For someone who doesn't drink the poison he sure writes like he is pissed .

Reply #224229 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Of course he's pissed - everone wined and baguetted the crepe' out of his J.

I'm here all week people.

Reply #224237 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

No relation to the Justin Hawkins who was the lead singer of The Darkness?
What the hell happened to those guys?
Probably disappeared up their own arses like Julius Hodge.

Reply #224245 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

I didn't think Ballinger was cut from the Hawks.

I thought he was waiting to see who the new coach was, and before the Hawks came to a decision,
Adelaide swooped... thanks my recollection anyways.

Reply #224271 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Yours is probably better than mine - I only care about players once they've worn Sixer blue .)

(I just invented the one eyed supporter smiley emoticon).

Reply #224273 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

EC it doesn't matter if he is Australian or not, basketball people know who he is, it happens all over the world with talented athletes, Darius Miles, Starbury, T.O. in the NFL, CEO's and coaches get blinded by the ability (which Julius obviously has) and overlook flawed personalities which the 36ers are saying Julius has.

Reply #224303 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

loco, balinger was poached from the hawks

Reply #224343 | Report this post

intheknow  
Years ago

loco you must be on the same piss as julius ballinger won the hawks mvp so how the hell can you make such a d/head comment like you did try and think before you talk as such a comment could be seen as slander f/wit

Reply #224345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was a bit harsh intheknow!!

Reply #224348 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Way too harsh. Loco confused being poached by the 36ers with getting cut - simple mistake obviously with no malice intended - it was obvious that Loco was suggesting that Ballinger is a great player and that the Hawks were stupid (had they cut him)! Please keep it reasonable or don't bother posting.

Reply #224356 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

intheknow is outoftheknow when it comes to etiquette.

Reply #224357 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:41 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754