hahahaha
Years ago

What are the 36ers doing for Brett Maher?

Are the sixers doing anything for the greatest player the sixers had in there history .
i heard that they r doing f..k all

Topic #18938 | Report this topic

ANON  
Years ago

I'm not sure what the 36ers have planned for Brett on Saturday night. However, from a fan's point of view it would be good to know if they plan something either pre-game, half time or post game to ensure the maximum fan attendance. It would be good if the 36ers also advertised this in all parts of the media to ensure that the game is a SELL OUT which would be fitting for Brett. I have been informed that some members of the 36ers management do not see this as being a big deal. They should think again - for so many seasons now Brett has been the heart and soul of the team and as such deserves to be sent off in his last minor round home game in a spectacular manner. Given that the game is on Foxtel then time constraints may affect WHEN a presentation is made? But something spectacular should be planned and it would only condemn the 36ers management if this matter is not treated as IMPORTANT.

Reply #224319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ANON the 36ers v NZ isn't on Fox

Reply #224327 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

There is an official lunch arranged by the sponsors
not a fundraiser just a lunch and interviews of Brett
ans scotty etc
Join us to celebrate with Brett on his retirement
Friday 20 Feb Stamford Plaza North Terrace

info at
www.evright.com/pdf/BrettMaher.pdf

See you there

Reply #224332 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

My apologies I was under the impression it was a Foxtel game, have since discovered tomorrow night is the foxtel game.
If that is the case then the 36ers can make arrangements to fit something special into the evening. What are the odds that it will be a lame presentation by Mal Hemmerling after player introductions?
Brett DESERVES more than that. As I stated before, Brett has been the life and soul of the 36ers and would be the most recognised 36ers player in SA and no doubt throughout Australia.
Correct me if I am wrong but the only other player to compare with Brett, who played for one team, is Andrew Gaze. What an iconic pair of players who epitomise the best standards in basketball.
As I have said, if the 36ers do nothing or make a token gesture then it goes to show the depths to which the management of the 36ers has sunk. Lets hope I am wrong and they make his last regular season home game on to remember.

Reply #224340 | Report this post

Jeebs  
Years ago

There are some plans but they don't want to make it public as its a suprise for Brett. Be patient fans it will be a good game.

Reply #224347 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm sure we'll give him a 30min clapping standing ovation or something.

Reply #224367 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

After the huge win everyone should rush the court and throw Brett up mosh pit style to do a bit of crowd surfing.

Reply #224389 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ - that was my thought of something worth trying. Get as many people as possible around Brett on the court and then take a series of photos from above to show appreciation from fans.

Or get him and his family a trip to somewhere they might not otherwise go.

Reply #224401 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754