aflfan
Years ago

AFL Dreamteam

With the AFL dreamteam and supercoach opening up I wouldn't mind hearing peoples opinions regarding players to pick up and who not to, etc.

I just made my dreamteam and chose a pretty solid group. A few big name players (Kane Cornes, Joel Selwood, Buddy, Pavlich, Bock, Cox, etc). However I did find it somewhat difficult to decide on which rookies to pick up and who not to. Personally i didnt go for Jack Watts considering his price was quite high for a rookie and the limited games rookie talls receive. Same with Nick Natinui, but he may be good used as a ruckman on ur bench.

Also with Cousins price quite high and his questionable hammy i did not choose him in my 30.

Topic #18962 | Report this topic

Bfresh  
Years ago

When picking cheap guys, look for young guys that might get stints on the ball, or that will play a high possession game in defence. Unless a tall is really good (eg Cox) I wouldnt waste too much money on them. Havent really had a good look at the lists yet so cant really give any specific player thoughts. Keen to see what everyone elses thoughts are also. Never easy early in the season.

Reply #224533 | Report this post

popa  
Years ago

yea spot on bfresh. I just completed my team then and I picked the young rookies that seem to be ready made players eg; Rich, Hartlett.

Reply #224539 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I was just about to start a thread for this but I'll put it here now. I've just started the Hoops SA league for 09. The league code is 732211

It was a very competitive league last year -the best one I was in.

Get in quick!

aflfan, not giving up my secrets :P
Although I do agree on Watts(he's doing yr.12 too), NicNat(injured) and Cuz(druggy).
I'm staying away from Buddy too, to much to worry about with his dodgy shoulder, drug rumours etc.

Reply #224613 | Report this post

fezlington  
Years ago

shit.....im spewing i missed this years X

Reply #237229 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754