Anonymous
Years ago

Lakers/Bobcats Trade

Lakers trade Vlad Radmanovic to the Bobcats for Adam Morrison. Will not go thru until league office opens again on Monday. Good to see Vlad won't be there to make the Lakers look worse come the finals this year, he is so soft he even makes Pau look tough. Morrison can just sit at the end of the bench, allowing Odom more minutes.

Topic #19011 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Vlad. Honestly, the Lakers loose out on this trade. They send Radmonovich away - A player who had cracked there rotation and was an excellent 3-point shooter at 44 %.

And they acquire Morrison, who will just sit at the end of the bench.Essentially, they have just traded Vlad for nothing. It's good for Morrison though because he might win a championship!

But all in all, I don't like this trade. The Lakers loose 3-point shooting consistency and length(Vlad was 6-10)

Reply #225102 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The trade favors the Lakers financially, but the Cats get the better player (for now). The Cats just gave away 1 expiring contract, plus Ammo expires the year after for a weak defensively SF on a 3 year contract (definately 2 years, 3 year is player option). It does give the Cats a decent outside shooter which they lost in trading Ammo and Matt Carroll (to Dallas a few weeks ago for Diop).

Whilst I dislike Ammo on the Cats roster, I think he'll step up in the Lakers triangle. He'll get looks at the basket he never got in Charlotte due to Kobe, Pau and Bynum.

Radman is owed $6,049,400 this season and $6,466,600 in 09/10 and a player option of $6,833,000 in 10/11. I guess if he hates Charlotte enough then he will opt out early.

Brown is a cheap expiring at $797,581 and Ammo is owned $4,159,000 this year $5,257,228 next year with a team option in 10/11 for $6,897,484.

Salary dump for the Lakers as this deal will also help free up a little bit of cash to resign Ariza and Lamar Odom (he is currently an $11 million expiring contract) this off-season.

Reply #225104 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

NOOOOOOO!!!

there goes a HUGE 3 point threat!!!

Reply #225112 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Sasha will be upset.

Reply #225114 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Sasha is always upset

Reply #225123 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Sasha is a machine

Reply #225126 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Now they have 2 overrated long-haired guards.

Reply #225128 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Whos the second huh? because sasha is NOT overrated

Reply #225131 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Dude...Sasha Vujacic might be one of the worst players in the league

Reply #225141 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Kobe your right coz i dont even rate him at all!

;)

This is a good trade for the lakers in the long run. Morrison is a versitile forward that never got to showcase the skills he showed at college level. In the triangle offense and being in a team that has 3 players that demand defense in Kobe, Pau and Bynum coming from a team with no real threats he will get so many more looks.

Think of him as a second Luke Walton. Not flashy, but helps the team.

Reply #225142 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Well he did start for the first half of his rookie season and was the least productive rookie in the league. And in the 4 games he's started since gerald wallace has been out he has 13 points and 11 fouls. He's had plenty of opportunities in charlotte as they have neva had go to scorers, he just does not take them.

I'm a bobcats fan and have wanted morrison to produce more than anyone and have always given him the benefit of the doubt but he is simply too mentally weak to succeed in the nba. Wait and see how well radmanovic plays without the pressure of playing for the biggest franchise in the league contending for a championship every year.

Reply #225143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vlad might be 6'10", but the 10" doesn't count if you never go near the basket.

He's S.O.F.T! (Remember: "I fell in the snow and hurt myself")

Lakers dupe another team into helping them win the trophy. Morrison needed a change, and Larry Brown NEVER gives young players a chance to learn from their mistakes. Morrison is cheaper and his contract is a year shorter, Lakers should be able to retain his rights when he is a restricted free agent in 2010

I can't believe Kobe-for-MVP doesn't like this. So many Laker players benefit, either playing time (Lamar, Sheshe, Ariza) or the cash for contract extensions (Kobe, Lamar, Farmar). Not to mention Dr. Buss, Vlad only has 1 good season for the Clippers, and the Lakers gave him an albatross of a contract.

If Morrison is okay, I wonder who they will convince that Luke Walton is the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan. Mitch Kupchak must get off the phone sometimes and either feel like a genius or wet his pants laughing at the GM he just fleeced.

Reply #225146 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Wow where's all this Sasha hate coming from??? Unwarranted IMO. Love the guy and the energy he brings.

Don't mind the trade. I don't think Morrison will have much impact this season but I was never a VladRad fan.

Reply #225149 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

anon i dont hate the trade just loved vlad

morrison will help us out getting that championship ring for sure

XztatiK its nice to no someone else loves the machine!

Reply #225153 | Report this post

J-Rich  
Years ago

Sasha is a whiney little bitch. Hate him.

Reply #225155 | Report this post

j u m p . s h o t  
Years ago

Wouldnt Morrison also play at SF.
And shannon Brown was also involved in the trade.
what is he worth ???

Reply #225157 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

If the lakers are smart they wont let Morrison hit the court....plus Sasha is a brick thrower and not a great defender.

Charlotte win out of this trade. They get a player they can use and will help them win games, while LA get a draft bust "pure shooter" who cant hit a shot.

Reply #225158 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

No Vujacic is horrible...forces yucky shots...makes poor decisions

He is basically an undersized shooting guard who is considered a '3 point shooter' who shoots at 35 percent from deep...

Oh, and he is the worst defender on the roster, by far.

And I think Morrison will have a decent impact on the Lakers, and don't expect Shannon Brown not to make a small difference either, I think hes pretty good.

Reply #225165 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

jules, no. Just no.

"He is basically an undersized shooting guard"

A 6'7" Shooting guard who can chip in at the point. How is he undersized exactly?

"Oh, and he is the worst defender on the roster, by far."

That's almost as dumb a statement as "Daniel Joyce is the best defender at the Blaze". Nearly.

Nowhere near the worst defender on the team. VladRad was, now it's probably Morrison. While I do think Vujacic gambles a bit too much on D sometimes, I think you need that energy off the bench sometimes. He is an excellent defender when he forgets about steals and just stays in front of his man.

Reply #225178 | Report this post

Years ago

Shannon Brown could actually turn out to be a handy player, especially with Jordan Farmar out. He's a decent young combo guard with great athleticism.

Reply #225188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sasha is so overrated by lakers fans

Reply #225191 | Report this post

Sasha is almost as soft as Odom

Reply #225196 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Geez......2 soft blokes on the Roster and we got the best record in the League

Odom was definately soft today with 28 pts and 17 reb

ELG, cmon mate......if you want soft....look in your own backyard

The Suns are softer than the Lakers

Reply #225218 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Odom is not soft at all

Vujacic is listed at 6'7 but I highly doubt that...Undersized can also mean weight wise...he's a skinny little bitch...and he can't stay in front of his man.

You don't agree that his only thing keeping in the rotation is his shooting (even though hes 35 percent) and his 'energy' which cost them games at times (see his 'energy' vs ray allen in the finals series last year)

He's pretty useless

Reply #225222 | Report this post

LBJoke  
Years ago

Ammo had the highest college scoring average in 05/06 at 28.1 ppg.... this guy can fill it up given the chance.
IMO - his time at Charlotte hasn't been great for his confidence, watch him blossom in LA under Phil Jackson's tutelage.

Reply #225246 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Vujacic IS 6'7", he is 205lbs which is lean but not worthy of your "skinny little bitch" description. And he can stay in front of his man.

"You don't agree that his only thing keeping in the rotation is his shooting (even though hes 35 percent)"

No I agree with that. If he couldn't shoot, he probably wouldn't get more than garbage minutes. But the fact is he can shoot... very well.
And stop acting like 35% is so terrible. It is actually 36% and here are some other elite shooters who shoot around that mark or lower:

K.Korver (best 3pt shooter in the L IMO): 37%
D.Nowitzki: 38%
M.Miller: 35%
Q.Richardson: 37%
H.Turkoglu: 37%
J.Terry: 37%
A.Harrington: 36%
J.Johnson: 34%
J.Crawford: 36%
R.Alston: 35%
S.Jackson: 33%
L.James: 30%
B.Davis: 29%

"He's pretty useless"

You're pretty useless.

Reply #225254 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

"You're pretty useless" - haha...ouch? Why are we talking about me now? Bit touchy on the Vujacic subject? Why so snipey so quickly and easily?

Yes, you mentioned some pretty elite players that are shooting a similar percentage...but those players you mentioned shoot a higher volume of shots, are guarded by much better defenders, and have an ACTUAL IMPACT on the game even if they don't shoot well. That's the thing with Sasha...it is EXTREMELY rare I see him have a positive impact on a game.

And ok...He may not be undersized like I said...but he doesn't enter inside the three point line so what does it matter? And when he guards guys of similar size, the other players eyes (whether they be SG's or SF's) light up because they know they can get their shot when they want.

Don't be fooled by his "Fake Hustle" as Stan Van Gundy so correctly puts it about Vujacic especially.

Reply #225260 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

""You're pretty useless" - haha...ouch? Why are we talking about me now? Bit touchy on the Vujacic subject? Why so snipey so quickly and easily?"

Just jokin' jules. Gotta defend my Sasha, and you're name IS Jules...

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. But just FYI, Vujacic has hit over 50 threes this year - a pretty high volume for someone playing about 16-17mpg.

Reply #225266 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

haha ok...and its jules from pulp fiction, one of the greatest movie characters of all time

...not the other one...

Reply #225269 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I liked Vladi, but I think the trade will workout pretty good for LA. Morrison's a great player IMO who has yet to showcase his skills especially after suffering an ACL injury we'll have to wait and see how he'll go.

Also keep in mind we just need him to be a solid role player which I think he's capable of. Worse come to worse Mitch's got an excellent reputation of turning MJ's bust into a superstar. Hopefully Grizzlies' ready to depart OJ Mayo...

Reply #225299 | Report this post

"Worse come to worse Mitch's got an excellent reputation of turning MJ's bust into a superstar."

What does THAT mean?

Reply #225301 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Kwame Brown, ELG. Superstar!

Reply #225303 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:34 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754