AeroSpaceJunkie
Years ago

36ers Dual Championship Print

Hi all just wondering if anyone would know where to buy one of these prints. I have been searching for a while.
I know they are probably out of circulation but some places may still have something.
OR
Is anyone willing to sell there framed print...which I highly doubt also.
Thought I would try here, ya never know the outcome.
Thanks

Topic #19014 | Report this topic

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

Make me an offer for no. 311.

Reply #225120 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

What did you pay for it originally Shirley?

Reply #225125 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

get in touch with head office...you might be surprised....there was talk that if there was enuff ppl interested they would do a rerun

Reply #225130 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

Dunno, think it was 3 or $400 bucks from memory.
Can't see how they can do a re run when they were limited to 750 prints and each one was numbered.

Kind of defeats the purpose of doing a limited run.
In any case, I don't know how it's the decision of The 36ers as they weren't the ones who put it together.

I always wondered why nothing was done for the 02 championship, I guess the people that did the one for 97/98 must have somehow got burnt by the club between 98 and 02, similar to the team photo fiasco on the western wall at the Dome.

Reply #225132 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Believe sales weren't quite as expected hence nothing was done for 02.

About 2 years ago there were some still for sale in those sports print stores - superstars and legends or one of the other stores.

115/750 here, but sorry not for sale.

Would be disappointed if they did do a re-run. Hopefully the do something for Maher, be a print or a framed singlet with some photos around it (early days and later days and championship days) as well as some sort of plaque with his career stats. If not might have to make my own up.

Reply #225133 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

I've seen them around in the usual framing shops you see around the place, shouldn't be too hard to track one down.

Reply #225135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shirley just keep digging.

Funny that the company who got burnt by the club as you say and did the original prints on the eastern wall also recently printed the Maher heads at short notice.

Some people are real fans of the club and are willing to do whatever they can to help.

Reply #225136 | Report this post

AeroSpaceJunkie  
Years ago

I have searched high and low at various framing stores and came up with nothing :( Even the world wide web hasn't helped, unless I'm not searching properly...which I doubt.
I will call head office see what they have to say and a couple of contacts I have too.

Shirley....what kind off price are you looking for? is it still mint?

Thanks everyone :)

Reply #225137 | Report this post

AeroSpaceJunkie  
Years ago

On another note it would be great to see the 36ers admin or whoever make a print of Maher's singlet with pics and stats.
That I would definitely buy, but I do have the current singlet with name and number signed to do my own similar thing too.

Reply #225140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #225144 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

Believe what you want anon.
To me the simple fact that it took 8 years to have the 01-07 teams put on the wall and that they were all reprinted using a different format and in some cases different photos, rather than just printing the missing ones suggests that they must have got someone else to do it.

It never ceases to amaze me how lucky the 36ers are to have so many people with such blind faith stepping in to defend them as soon as someone questions something that doesn't seem right.

Don't know if my partner will let me sell it Aero, was just wondering what you were willing to pay.

Saw one at Frame Connection in their Elizabeth shop a while ago when I was taking my chances one day in the northern suburbs...

Reply #225145 | Report this post

Basket 66  
Years ago

Speak to the Graphic Print Group

Reply #225148 | Report this post

CC  
Years ago

I purchased one from The Graphic Print Group at Richmond. 10-14 Kingston Ave. Ph 08 8443 8011
This was the company that printed them.

It's worth checking with them to see if they still have stock. They got one out of storage for me and framed it. It was signed and also supplied with certificate of authenticity.

I did purchase this a year after the back 2 back championship. Try them anyway.

The one I purchased (numer 216) is also an earlier limited edition number that the one my mate purchased when they were released from the club.

Sorry I am not selling mine either.

Reply #225151 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Has anybody heard whether the club is releasing something for Brett. I've got a couple of bottles of wine from the 500 games, but it would be great if a primt with career stats etc could be released as suggested above by aerospace

Reply #225154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shirley if you are taking your chances venturing to the nothern suburbs - I would suggest you should stick to your own kind and keep sipping your chardonnay in your own arena. I guarantee I can find pockets of allsorts living east, west and south you should keep your prejudice out of the public domain.

Reply #225162 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

marion frame store had one couple weeks back

Reply #225168 | Report this post

Hoops 32  
Years ago

Anon, you really fell hook line and sinker!

Reply #225170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What $ would #1 fetch?

Reply #225173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can i just say being involved with some print's, it is not un common to re run them but not number them.
AP's ad the like are common. perhaps not with this type of thing...but i reckon it is still around...i have seen three in ppl's houses.

Reply #225174 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Print #1 sold for $6,500 and was bought by National Foods.

Reckon it would be worth a lot more now as it's hard to see many more teams going back to back

Reply #225225 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

Framed print is available from Graphic Print Group @ $295 ea contact Greg Lindsay 84438011 or 0408 806029 or [email protected]

Reply #225227 | Report this post

AeroSpaceJunkie  
Years ago

"Jack"... I work for NFL and have never seen it :(

Unless its at head office but its not at the Salisbury plant in our offices.

Thanks Greg, I will send you an email.

Reply #225228 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

If they did a "re-run" of these prints, I would imagine the people who have bought the originals would have a fair legal case, somehow?

Shirley, would you have a legal view, Boston or otherwise?

Reply #225230 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Can we get an idea of what this print actually looks like, I am interested but for $295 I would like to see it before I buy it.

Thanks

Reply #225232 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

The print that is avail is not a re run its the balance left over from tho original 750,comes with the "COA"and has a black frame as I mentioned before please contact me if you would like to purchase.

Reply #225233 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

Crane, Pool & Schmidt to the rescue again ?
Sorry but we don't take on cases in Austria.

By the way, what ever happened to Denny and Alan ?
Haven't heard from them in ages, I miss all the attention, they better not still have that blow up doll...

Reply #225245 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

here's a quick pic

Reply #225247 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

a question i have never had answered is who the hell is that guy in the top right of the 98 picture?

Reply #225253 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

there was one in Westfield Marion Hardwood legends i think? You can actually order them from a few of the places

Reply #225293 | Report this post

Archer  
Years ago

"AeroSpaceJunkie", You won't find it at National Foods anymore. I am now the owner of print #1. It has been signed by Phil and Brett and it is complete with the COA.
It hangs in the boardroom in my office.

Like anything, it could become available if the price was right, but the deal would need to involve a donation to the Hudson Maher Foundation.

Reply #225306 | Report this post

AeroSpaceJunkie  
Years ago

Archer
If National Foods bought it for $6500 there is no way Id be able to come close if thats the kind of dollars you are talking.....
Would be great to have the #1 print with the signatures and the Donation would be to a fantastic cause.
What dollar amount are we talking here out of curiosity?

Reply #225309 | Report this post

Archer  
Years ago

AeroSpaceJunkie, I am very happy with the item and would be reluctant to pass it on just yet. So I am not really looking at selling it, but like I said I could be persuaded under certain conditions.

Reply #225313 | Report this post

AeroSpaceJunkie  
Years ago

Haha that's cool mate...... I wouldn't sell EVER if I had #1 and signed :)
Thanks anyway, I have managed to organise a purchase through Greg. Woo hooooo

Reply #225344 | Report this post

AeroSpaceJunkie  
Years ago

I think someone should organise a "final Shot" print like they did for Michael Jordan....That monster three from different angles with a brief description. Would look awesome I think

Reply #225346 | Report this post

Lucky duck  
Years ago

I know someone who was lucky enough to pick one up at the last Forestville Bball club quiz night for $150.00

I could not believe it didn't have a reserve of at least $200.

The same person also picked up a Puma cricket bat signed by Adam Gillchrest at the same clubs auction for $120.00 a couple of years before that.

Next time Forestville have a quiz night, I'm going!

Reply #225375 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Fairly sure its the drinks boy in the 98 picture

Reply #225397 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Jason Williams got in twice?

Reply #225404 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754