Powder
Years ago

Gower

For all of you gower haters. He has come on and played a key role in our last few games providing some good defence and a spark.

Give the man some credit

Topic #1902 | Report this topic

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

not only that, he cleans cars really well!

Reply #21481 | Report this post

red dog  
Years ago

forget the pump room we've got gower power. Todd is doing a great job and taking a role similar to matt illman. patience pays off. And you would have to say when the team is a bit flat thowing on a young guy has provided a bit of a spark. gerlach had a similar role in a previous game and also did well.
Nice also to see Darren get on and do well.

Reply #21489 | Report this post

warthog  
Years ago

agreed - he is making a positive contribtion in his minutes - credit to him

Reply #21492 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Gower is playing within him self which is a big factor why he is playing well. He has great intensity, makes simply straight forward passes generally in to the post and dives on loose balls! Rare to see a guy so eager and hungry for court time at this late stage of the season! usually all positions are sorted early on in the year.

Alos, sorry Todd, got to let everyone know I beat you at Bowling! I remember you needed a 7 to beat me, and you only managed a 5 and 1! If it makes you feel better Oscar was even worse! Ha ha

Reply #21499 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

good to see brad hill,gower and ng start to get some confidence with their shots

Reply #21500 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If the increase in court time is at all related to Todd's drop in Halo 2 ability, that could mean that ShaqDiddy has an NBA contract hidden away. Keep aiming for bronze little man!

Reply #21505 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Gower has done a fantastic job the last couple of games. His limited time has been very productive and he is very focussed on chasing the ball. As for Hill however, he has made some great impressions at NBL level given his youth and lack of experience but in yesterday's game he was playig a one man game. He was too eager to impress and therefore tried to do too much himself. He took far too many long range shots that did not go in. He should have given up long before that and passed the ball to someone in a better position to shoot. I also felt he was trying too hard to drive the ball to the goal against all odds to score when again he could have passed the ball on. The experience will make him a great player in the future, but for now he does lack experience.

Reply #21513 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

The fact Hill is not afraid to take the big shots is what will see him end up as a great NBL player.

It just wasn't his day yesterday with his 3s. He still ended up making a valuable contribution off the bench.

All shooters have those days regardless of experience.

Will be interesting to see our rotation this week with Maher back.

Reply #21514 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

I didn't think Hill took the wrong shots, sure a few long range bombs missed, but as a team we didn't shoot it well until a couple of big ones dropped in the fourth quarter, and besides thats the 36ers style shoot till your hot. Maybe he drove in to trouble a couple of times, but lets remember the 3-point play he completed, off the drive put us up for good at the start of the fourth 78-77.

As far as shot selection goes, or lack there of, Jacob Holmes takes the CAKE! He is so solid and consistant inside the key, but can't shoot outside the paint! To give credit where its due though, he adjusted his game well especially in the second half and that helped him play as well as he did.

Isaac, BRONZE? I'm atleast good for second! Let me get that head shot down pat and your in trouble BABY! God I love HALO! Todd you struggle to beat me at that as well ;)

Reply #21516 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For the record and anyone following along at home, Shaqdiddy is last in almost every single game. (Todd is a big fan of the bronze medal.)

Reply #21522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you want to be critical EC atleast call it a ring, basket, hoop, hole, etc because there aint no goal in basketball except to beat the other team.

Reply #21526 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No offence intended Anonymous but if I am to aplogise, I would like to do it to someone with a name.

Reply #21529 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

i have grown more respect for him over the last few games but i think he needs to find an offensive game. i also dont see why ng isnt getting all that much minutes either in the last few games he has played quite well with fairly limited minutes

Reply #21532 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:00 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754