Who Me!
Years ago

Sessions in Good Company

Saw this on another Basketball site. Since 1986/87 (not sure why that year was chosen!), there have been only 7 players in the NBA to have had a
40+ points & 10+ assists game & a 20+ assists game.

Only Stephon Marbury (22.06 yrs)completed that double at a younger age than Sessions (22.30 yrs), the other 5 being Kevin Johnson (22.36 yrs), Tim Hardaway (28.11 yrs), Magic Johnson (29.11 yrs), Nick Van Exel (29.12 yrs) & Steve Nash (32.30 yrs). Pretty good company, with Van Exel probably the only one not become a Hall of Fame player.

It was basically pointing out that even though Sessions has some flaws in his game, i.e. not a good shooter or defender, he still has some elite skills like passing and getting to the basket.

The question is, who will value him most at the end of the year, as he is a Restricted Free Agent, The Bucks or another team.

Topic #19020 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I think he is the abberation to that stat. I don't think he will have the career similar to any of those other guys.

But, with the other injuries on the team, he seems to be getting more time, and is producing with the munites. So I think he could be a decent player.

The bucks have Luc Mbah a Moute starting for them, I am sure they wouldn't have expected that at the start of the season...

Reply #225224 | Report this post

Sessions last 10 games of last season were stellar. One game he had a 20 point 20 assist game for the Bucks. With T Lue gone and Ridnour out for 4 weeks if your a fantasy fiend you better pick him up real quick.

Getting Bogans is also a good swap for Lue.

Reply #225236 | Report this post

Sessions last 10 games of last season were stellar. One game he had a 20 point 20 assist game for the Bucks. With T Lue gone and Ridnour out for 4 weeks if your a fantasy fiend you better pick him up real quick.

Getting Bogans is also a good swap for Lue.

Reply #225237 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I have had many sessions in good company.

Reply #225244 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

some love for van exel, nice!

Reply #225307 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

Marbury had more than 20 assists in a game!?

Was his spinning the ball in front of him so it bounced back for him to shoot it?

Reply #225352 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:30 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754