Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

Rare 17 point play ....

http://linky.com.au/upf7q

Team B down 5 with 12 secs left, and intentionally foul Team A ... players from Team A leave bench - resulting in 8 (!) technicals ... player from Team B hits all bar one to secure the win ...

appeals to follow ...

Topic #19065 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Where do you find the time to find this stuff!

Reply #225744 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Just another pair of clowns in a striped shirt

Reply #225758 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

That is how all games should be decided! Each team pulls a number between 1 and 20 out of a hat and shoots that number of free throws at the end of the game as a sudden death decider!

Idiots.

Reply #225760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FIBA

39.3.1 Irrespective of the number of coaches, assistant coaches, substitutes, excluded
players or team followers disqualified for leaving the team bench area, a single
technical foul ('B') shall be charged against the coach.

Reply #225763 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

That FIBA rule doesn't seem to include players on that list of people who fall under the "one technical to the coach" umbrella so not sure if it's applicable here, it would only be relevant if 8 support staff each got T'd up.

I did like the end of that article though...

They're appealing the decision to the league, but I think at the very least, the kid who made 17 or 18 free throws should get a ribbon or something

Reply #225799 | Report this post

Rambo  
Years ago

FYI billo. The FIBA rule does include players in the list. Once a player leaves the court they become a substitute. So it should have been only one "B" Tech.

Reply #225884 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I see, makes sense.

Reply #225890 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:01 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754