EC
Years ago

A letter to the 36ers

Dear 36ers players and coaching staff, thank you for the precious and exciting moments you have provided this season in blessing your adoring fans with a majority of wins at home. There were many moments of thrills and excitement which almost brought the roof of the Dome crashing down. It is however of some concern that the same has not been achieved on the road. I now ask that you put behind you all the road losses and pretend they never happened. The only thing that is important right now is what you bring to New Zealand for this Thursday's game. This is the game that is either going to shut the door on this season or put a championship within our grasp. Let me make some suggestions on what you should take with you to New Zealand:

1. Your passports
2. Your heart
3. Your soul
4. Your determination to succeed
5. Your respect for your retiring captain
6. Your level headed brain
7. Your skills that you normally leave at home
8. Your sense of superiority over your opponents
9. Your commitment to your fans
10. Your commitment to your sponsors
11. Your pride in your club
12. Your belief that a championship is possible

Your passionate and most faithful fan,
EC

Topic #19093 | Report this topic

justin  
Years ago

Thanks for that EC, that letter will make all the difference. If only you wrote this letter sooner it could have all been different.

Reply #226049 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Wow- that is fantastic EC- practically brought a tear to my eye and I am still a Sixer fan 'in training'!

Reply #226050 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Try reading that with a violin playing in the background.... goosebump type stuff

Reply #226058 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Good on You E C for your passion to team and putting it out there. After all winning at home or away is only a state of mind. Like to think that coaches are trying to get same message about desire and passion and physical aggression can occur on the road as well.
If we can get over this one we can get ourselves into grand final.
Understand also EC that sarcasm that has come is the lowest form of humour.
Justin must have really stretched his mental boundary capacity with his response

Reply #226069 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Please also pack a can o'whoop ass - just don't bring it in your carry on, Qantas get thingy about it.

Reply #226071 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Is Mal going to sit on the bench?!

Reply #226072 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

Dunno whether he'll be on the bench, but perhaps he should spring for a few thousand flights to get us all over there to give the team some much-needed support and make 'em feel at home.

Reply #226082 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

All fans who have been season ticket holders for 5 or more years should get the free flights!!

Reply #226091 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^^^ Seconded.

Reply #226099 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

They would not fit many of us in if we went.
Not too sure how many North Shore holds.
Should have recorded the support noise from Bretts game and played from under Sixers bench.

Reply #226100 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

NBL has the Breakers picked to win by 12, I'm with them lol.

Reply #226103 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Underdog status - the only way we win on the road. Jsut ask the Tigers.

Now if the spread was +12 the other way, we'd get decimated by 80.

Reply #226119 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Mal also makes a passionate plea to the 36ers
on ch9 news tonite.

Reply #226124 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Adelaide is strong in basketball , not a piss ant town, and deserves to have the win in NZ and play on.

Reply #226128 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I suggest Skip should go and take all his familiar Dome music to play. Together with that, a recording of the "Lets go Sixers Lets go" chant to be played in full volume. Make the North Shore Events Centre feel and sound like the Dome. Another one I really love but don't know the name is the one that Skip plays when the opposition has the ball. With the shot clock counting down it gets louder and faster with the crowd clapping at a corresponding faster pace. I love that because it is so distracting.

Reply #226132 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

EC - Pay for my flight and I'm there. :-)

Reply #226135 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754