djrod
Years ago

Folded teams... who would you sign?

So as of now there is 3 teams that have played their last game in the NBL, which means there is 30 players out there that are looking for a job.

Lets say you are the owner of the new Sydney team, who from those 3 teams would you sign?

The cupboard is a bit bare if you ask me!

Here are the only ones I would take and in order:

1. Saville
2. Knight
3. Rob Beveridge
4. Cattalini
5. Petrie
6. Crosswhite
7. Damian Martin
8. Jason Smith
9. ??? Grabau
10. ??? Tragardh

Topic #19105 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Would go for Bevo first. Saville has nowhere else to go in NSW so negotiations might not be too difficult.

Reply #226179 | Report this post

curtley_ambrose  
Years ago

Saville is victorian, and with the magical salary cap over there, he'll fit in nicely with one of the 2 teams. Quite true with the players though, there's really not much quality there. If 3 of the worst teams in any league folded and the best of those teams formed a new one, you'd think they'd be a contender.

What about Matt Campbell? Did he retire, or just not good enough for your 10?

Reply #226182 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

he has stated that he doesn't wanna play for any other team but Wollongong and probably wouldn't make it above any of those players...

Sav said on the interview with The OT that Sydney would be a perfect fit but he is willing to go anywhere - I started the recruiting process straight away for the Crocs :)

Reply #226183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My tip would be Smith to the dragons.

He was signed and let go because of his shoulder injury, however this season has been the only season (i believe) in which he has not played under Gorj.

Reply #226187 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Bevo and Knight (will most likely go to Europe) are must signs. Sav should be further down the list these days. I think Tragardh has been solid this year and Petrie has shown that he can play at this level. Crosswhite although severely over rated would have to be mentioned as a back up

Reply #226194 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Christ I can't believe no one has mentioned SoJ yet!

I still think Saville has a lot to offer an NBL club. Tragardh is still a good option. I think Petrie would fit in alright here too. Matt Knight is a great young player.

I wouldn't be running up the phone bill trying to sign any of the rest of them though. Smith is too injury prone these days, and Catt's best is now quite a way behind him. Damien Martin's jumpshot is worse than Peter Hoban's.

James Harvey (who I personally think is crap) would probably have a better shot of finding a new team than most others.

Reply #226202 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

maybe because GC haven't folded..?

Sydney Spirit
Wollongong hawks
Cairns Taipans

Reply #226208 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Will the Gong join the SEABL now?

Reply #226234 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Matty Knight has to be number one on that list - will be a 18 & 10 type player for a long time to come.

Reply #226315 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

XztatiK,

completely agree with you on Matty Knight. Guy deserves to be first.. although i do think he'll head of to Europe which is dissapointing.

Mutley,

You mentioned you believe James Harvey is crap... just interested to see exactly what you think of him and why?

Reply #226410 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754