DB5
Years ago

Dwight Howard's game today

Dwight Howard had 45 points, 19 rebounds and 8 blocks today.

"Since the NBA started recording blocked shots for the 1973-74 season, no NBA player ever has had this many points, rebounds and blocks in the same game, according to the Elias Sports Bureau"

He also had his 18th straight double double.

That is one hell of a game. Once he can consistently shoot the mid range jumpshot, who will be able to stop this guy??

Topic #19112 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Hmmmmm....... every time Howard goes up against Okafor he kicks his ass bigtime...

I guess Dwight still thinks has a point to prove over the ROY thing.

(Mod: There's your mulligan)

Reply #226231 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

rookie of the year of the year thing? haha:P

Reply #226236 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Brainfart on that one.........

Can I have a mulligan......

Reply #226240 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

That is a huge game, nice way to bounce back after losing the slam dunk comp ;-)

Reply #226241 | Report this post

Years ago

IMO, Dwight should have a point to prove every game, regardless of the opponent. It's all hypotheticals obviously, but if I had his physical gifts and skills, I'd have less than zero mercy for my opponents. I'd aim to have games like that every night. He's probably the greatest combination of size and athleticism the NBA has seen since Wilt Chamberlain or young Shaq, and I'm glad he's turned out to be such a dominant force, and hope that he continues for many more years to come.

Reply #226276 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Unbelieveable.

The teaching from Patrick Ewing is doing the man wonders.

Reply #226307 | Report this post

Rodney Carney  
Years ago

He's down to earht as well.. his talent isn't swallowing up his personality. He's great for the league. IN the dunk competition, does anyone think he should have thrown down a bigger dunk on that 12ft ring? He got up there pretty easily.

Reply #226317 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

RC, easily could have gone another foot or 2 in the dunk comp. Also even though he lost, did you ever see the smile leave his face? It was all about giving the fans a show, and he loved every minute of it.

The champ 33, if Ewing could teach Howard that sweet baseline jumper from 15 feet that he patented, the man would dominate the league.

Reply #226334 | Report this post

Years ago

Apparently Dwight Howard has added a somewhat Kareem-esque running hook shot to his repotoire. Another weapon for his increasingly unstoppable skillset.

Reply #227053 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754