B-Easy
Years ago

Chandler now a Hornet...again

Tyson Chandler has failed his physical for the Thunder and has been sent back to the Hornets.

I bet there is a lot of happy New Orleans fans out there now.

http://linky.com.au/xdaow

Topic #19122 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

thats funny

Reply #226408 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

No kidding...but good for the Hornets

Reply #226409 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

i never trully understood the trade anyway..

Reply #226411 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Maybe they wanted to offload him due to his physical, hoping whatever it was wouldnt show up...

Reply #226413 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Wouldn't that be very awkward to come back to the team that wanted you out.

Reply #226444 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

lol ... awkward!

Reply #226456 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Failed the physical due to his big toe...

Reply #226470 | Report this post

Years ago

I'm pretty certain he failed the physical due to his back issues, something which has plagued him most of his career. He made a point of strengthening his back (to try and stave off injury) whilst he was still in Chicago, but obviously it's still something that troubles him.

I think DJ's theory that they tried to unload him and hoped that the back issue might not show up has some legs. Primarily though, it was a business decision. The Hornets didn't want to keep Chandler's big contract on the books. They are a notoriously cheap franchise, and Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox's contracts are both smaller and set to expire sooner than Chandler's. Devon Hardin was just a throw-in to make the cap work as far as I can tell.

Reply #226512 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I read an article yesterday that said it was only due to his big toe. I found one then on ESPN:

http://linky.com.au/trref

Its really wierd:

"After examining Chandler's left big toe, Dr. Carlan Yates, Oklahoma City's team physician, determined that the risk of reinjury was too great to give Chandler a clean bill of health. He therefore advised the Thunder to rescind Tuesday's trade that landed them Chandler for Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox and the rights to DeVon Hardin.

"This is absolutely crazy," Chandler said in a telephone conversation Wednesday night. "I'm super shocked. This is nuts."

Chandler, 26, was baffled by Yates' ruling in part because Yates performed surgery on Chandler's big left toe in April of 2007 when the Hornets were playing in Oklahoma City. Chandler played 79 games the following season and while he's missed 19 games this season, none has been because of his toe."

Reply #226582 | Report this post

Years ago

Yea I don't really buy the toe story to be honest. It can be an ongoing problem for some players (mainly in sports like American football and soccer), but by all accounts Chandler appears to be over it. He says he feels no pain in the toe, so I don't see what the problem is.

I really think there's more to it that isn't being said here to be honest.

Reply #226605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could I BE any more of a hornet!!!
oh Chandler

Reply #226729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754