skip
Years ago

Review the Music @ Sixers Games

Hey all

Could well be throwing myself to the Lions a bit here, but I'm looking for feedback on how you felt about the music at the Dome this season while it is still fresh in your minds.

So from the Team intros thru to Can You Feel It at the end, what do you think worked well with the crowd, what fizzed. What would you like to hear more of? less of? never again?

Feel free to be harsh (or nice), but also try to explain your reasoning rather than just saying 'don't play this cause its crap'

Fire away...

Topic #19137 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

was a big improvement from the year before,

enjoyed the moscow song

keep it cranking

Reply #226680 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You did a very good job Skip, just smile a bit more :)

Reply #226681 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

I liked the Thunderstruck that was played. It suited the game and got people getting into it (clapping).

Reply #226684 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

LOVED the presets :D

keep it up

Reply #226686 | Report this post

starsceam3030  
Years ago

the msuic was awesome this year mate, much better timed than previous years. not any complaints form me

Reply #226688 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I feel someone should be critical but I cant be I thought last few weeks awesome . Compared to other clubs I thought previous guy was ok to.
Not your problem Skip but they need to get on court microphone better if going to do interviews

Reply #226699 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I'll be critical (trust me), loved the Moscow song but each time cut too short. The people around me were always hanging out for the;

"Moscow, Moscow, throwing glasses at the wall
And good fortune to us all, Hoh-hoh-hoh-hoh-hoh, Hey!
Moscow, Moscow, join us for a Cossack Show
We'll go dancing 'round the clock, Hah-hah-hah-hah-hah, Hey!"

so we could sing along with it but it never got that far. Perhaps next time its cut short Skip, it can resume from there next time the music plays.

Overall, it was great this year.

Reply #226702 | Report this post

stuart wilde  
Years ago

Pretty good skip. Good mix however there are some songs we've had for the past couple of seasons or so that can get a little tired. EG:Thunderstruck is great but is getting a little ho hum. Great to see some more recent songs eg Pink 'So What.' My suggestion would be to bring in new and different each season, with a couple of old faves.....probably no different to what you're doing now!!

Reply #226713 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Good job this year Skip,nothing personal but getting a bit sick of Can You Feel It at the end of games.
Apart from that youve done well to get the crowd rocking,keep it up.

Reply #226722 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Sorry bout that.

Just swap the Presets song ('don't play this cause its crap' :P) and the Moscow song for two hip hop tracks and the music this year would've been perfect! Love galvanize - great pump-up song. Overall good job skip.

Reply #226751 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Needs more 'Thank God I'm A Country Boy'.

Reply #226753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

24: Whenever that was played, we would actually win :P

Reply #226755 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

Good job this season - veryone around me loved the presets & can you feel it at the end of the games after the win

Reply #226761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the Fratellis. Chelsea Dagger

But I think you should only play it when the boys get on a good run.

Reply #226765 | Report this post

Jess  
Years ago

I loved thunderstruck and can you feel itas they were timed beautifully. It wouldn't be a game at the dame without them.
I think however, you need somemore R'n'B/hip hopand felt that when the other team wa making their entrance the songs weren't at all saying 'you've come to our gym, a place where you have no chance.' that or something that gets the people into itthat way when the 6ers comeout the stadiums already loud and can only get louder good songs for this are...

prelude by AFI, in the end by linkin park, remember the name by fort minor or the remix with francisco

apart from that so much better than past years

Reply #226771 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

You know my thoughts already skip... You gotta show me love, and not just at the MVP. ;)

Reply #226782 | Report this post

Axe  
Years ago

Thunderstruck and Can You Feel It are definite keeps Skip. That should be heritage listed! We love waiting for Can you feel It towards the end of a win. Did anyone notice NZ play Can You Feel It and the beginning of the game?....just not the same at the beginning.

Reply #226785 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I thought the music was a great improvement on previous years. All the classics were still there and I think the volume was just about perfect - not too loud, not too soft.

The Moskau song is really a timeless classic. Love it!

http://linky.com.au/23ln1

Check out the lead dude's dance moves. He's my hero.

Reply #226796 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Think you've done a great job skip, big improvement over last year. Thunderstruck is the perfect sports song, love it.

Also though Presets were good, and unlike some of the above people, I think you had the mix between rock/dance/hip hop pretty much spot on. I wouldn't mind hearing some Hilltop Hoods every now and then though, reckon something like 'What a Great Night' would work well, although I'm not sure if the lyrics would get you into trouble?

Cheers

Reply #226808 | Report this post

de-fenss  
Years ago

for the most part u worked real good with the new announcer. im sure next season ull be more in tune with each other and compliment each other alot better. was good listening!!

Reply #226809 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

i want his beard rat10

its like a russian mr miagi

Reply #226811 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

"Cossack on, cossack off."

Seriously, try doing some of those dance moves. They're damn near impossible.

Reply #226828 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Skip, great job but not as good as the Lightning court announcer, MC AND DJ, he does all three jobs at the same time!

Reply #226841 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

YMCA is popular at Lightning.
Can't remember if skip does that or not

Reply #226844 | Report this post

crowsfan  
Years ago

I really enjoyed the music this year. Great idea bringing in the Organ Music. Dont change too much. But perhaps some of the "clutch" stuff that gets played at NBA games when teams come out of time outs, with only a few seconds left on the clock.

Reply #226861 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754