Topic #19142 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Big Luke just edging out Big Balls

Reply #226746 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I originally thought that, Ben.
Now I'm thinking Schensch started a bit slow but then had some brilliant games. Ballinger consistent, so maybe Ballinger.
It will be a tie.

Reply #226747 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Im hoping Luke gets it tonight. Ballinger is a sensational player, but i think Luke has been more VALUEABLE to this team IMO

Reply #226748 | Report this post

gravity man  
Years ago

Luke by 5 votes both players have played well for Sixers and it will be close with voting.

Reply #226754 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Team Manager - Jared Kimber has won Club Person of The Year.

Reply #226758 | Report this post

aaronbrucefan  
Years ago

i rekon schensch had a good year and has been a gd qaulity player 4 us all yr

Reply #226762 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Balls has gone back to back MVP awards. He finished with 134 votes beating Luke by 6.
Holmes won best defensive player.

Reply #226763 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

You know your team has struggled defensively all season if Holmes wins defensive player of the year! Seriously can't believe Ballinger or Schenscher didn't win it infront of him.

Teams must be fearful of Jacob's 0.2 blocks per game or his 0.6 steals per game!

I can't think of one decent player that would be worried with Jacob guarding them. He is too small to play power forward and too slow to play small forward but hey as long as he was born here lets give him a pat on the back and defensive player of the year and the captaincy next season!

Reply #226767 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Well said KingJames, and lets not forget all those rebounds he always rips down, a total of 6.8 per game(which most people rate him on) which is third on the team behind Schensch and Balls.

Reply #226769 | Report this post

Ostrich  
Years ago

Well done Balls.
Would have gone had it not been for the ignorant 36ers admin scheduling the MVP dinner the same night as a LIGHTNING GAME !!!

Is it really that difficult to co-ordinate things with people in the same building as the 36ers ??

I'm a liitle surprised that it was scheduled so early, to me it seems a bit disrespectfull to the guys by giving out the message that admin didn't think they were a chance to go deep into the finals.

Reply #226770 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

remember in the perth game at home when isiah victor shot an airball from top of the key. next perth offence he gets the ball in the same spot, pump fakes theshot he just airballed, Jacob jumps worried of another airball while victor coast's in for an uncontested lay up. please give the award to the guy who finished 2nd in the league in blocks!

Reply #226773 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Teams must be fearful of Jacob's 0.2 blocks per game or his 0.6 steals per game!"

Probably not, but they would be fearful of the fact that rather than gamble for blocks and steals, he actually stays in front of his man and plays strong D. Ask Shawn Redhage. Definitely deserved the award.

Reply #226777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best defender in possibly the worst defensive team.....not something to really saviour!! Jacob doesn't really add any value to the team......will be very disappointed if he gets the captaincy!

Reply #226786 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Any information on some of the other votes ?
Who was next.

Reply #226791 | Report this post

Years ago

King James, Ballinger should have got defensive player of the year ahead of Holmes?
Did you really suggest that? On the piss at the time were we?

Reply #226792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ostrich, you have no clue.

The club booked the date months ago because that's what you have to do to secure a good venue and organise an event.

If the boys were still in the finals, it would have just been a quiet night for them.

It's too hard to organise for end of the ENTIRE season post-grand final in case they don't go that far and then half the team has gone overseas or interstate.

And if you wanted to attend, you could have simply missed ONE Lightning game.

You missed a good night, but then again I didn't hear any negative people there.

Reply #226793 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Holmes was third but didnt even have half as many votes as the Rangas.

Reply #226795 | Report this post

basket  
Years ago

Good point anon, it must be very difficult to walk 5 meters and ask Carla or Sam what nights they have home games on, or better still to look it up on the WNBL website.

It's such a pity that the WNBL didn't release their schedule several months BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED.... Oh, that's right they did.

I apologise for being so rude to such a professional and well organised organisation.

Reply #226800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how's everyones head today???

Reply #226801 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

very average here.

Reply #226804 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

best man won MVP obviously,
but best defensive player is interesting,
obviously the coaching staff thought Jacob had the toughest assignments throughout the year.

Reply #226806 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

King James, there's more to defense than blocks and steals mate, surely you know that? Willie Farley got plenty of steals, did that make him a good defender?

Anyone who seriously thinks that Luke is a better defender is seriously retarted, the big fella gets pushed around like no one's business and is a poor help defender, something 7 ft C's are supposed to be good at.

Oh, and I love the guy who uses ONE example of Jacob getting fooled over a 30 game season as evidence of him as a poor defender. Maybe Aurielo Vidmar wasn't far off with his comments last week ...

Reply #226807 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't see the problem with Holmes getting best defensive player in that team this season.

Reply #226812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob deserved it. He does plenty of little 1%ers

Reply #226818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob was definitey the best defender for the 36ers this season, but that isnt saying much nor is it really saying he is of any value to the team!

Reply #226838 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

and lets not forget all those rebounds he always rips down, a total of 6.8 per game(which most people rate him on) which is third on the team behind Schensch and Balls.

Wow, he had less rebounds than a 7"1 C, and a 6"9 PF, who played seven more minutes per game? Pathetic.

Rebounds per 48 minutes:
Schenscher - 15.98
Cooper - 11.45
Holmes - 10.72
Ballinger - 10.25

FFS, if you're going to use stats, at least put them in the right context.

Reply #226843 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Great stat.

Reply #226845 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

Maybe the coaches actually have an idea of what they have asked their players to do defensively?? How many times have you heard coaches in all different types of sports praise the guy that didn't stand out, but just did his job.

Reply #226869 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Wow, he had less rebounds than a 7"1 C, and a 6"9 PF, who played seven more minutes per game? Pathetic.

Rebounds per 48 minutes:
Schenscher - 15.98
Cooper - 11.45
Holmes - 10.72
Ballinger - 10.25

FFS, if you're going to use stats, at least put them in the right context.

Still third on the team? same conclusion? either way still a shocking defensive player. Want evidence, hunt down any 36ers games that were on fox and please just study Holmes playing defence, then get back to me. And that's just the start.

Reply #226942 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754